Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Edolie
Edolie
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Topic is Locked
(1) 2 3 »
The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #1
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
Level : 43
EXP : 64
HP : 213 / 1066
MP : 1039 / 20469
Disclaimer: This game is NOT made by me. It is made by TaleWeaver on the LemmaSoft Games forum. With permission granted, of course.

Open in new window

The Dreaming is a visual novella in which you take the part of Gabrielle, a young psychiatrist during her first weeks at a mental institution. One of her early jobs is to complete the diagnosis of Julius, a young man hospitalized at the clinic with an unusual case of schizophrenia: not only has he vivid hallucinations - the whole world seems like one big hallucination to him. Digging deeper into his mental condition, Gabrielle soon finds out that there is more to Julius than meets the eye... and a few of these things are terrible indeed...

Genre: Psychological thriller
Playtime: ~1 hr
Multiple endings
Unlockable bonus content

Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/14237479/The%20Dreaming-0.9.zip

http://www.filefront.com/14237479/The Dreaming-0.9.zip

Currently, I've only managed to get the first five endings out of six, but I think I'm getting really close to the sixth ending (also the True Ending, although that doesn't mean it's going to be a happy ending. Just an ending where you sort of learn everything I guess, before you fade into darkness.)

EDIT: Oh, I just succeeded in getting Ending 6. So if anyone needs help with it, you can ask me.

Have fun, and hope you like it! Credits completely go to Taleweaver.

EDIT: Here are some very minor hints about how to achieve each ending. Minor spoilers to be expected:

Ending 1: Occurs when you have absolutely no will to cure Julius. It happens if you actually give in to influence and start to despise Julius. This is the only ending where the game ends without anything... uh... abnormal going on.

Ending 2: Occurs when Julius has lost his "will to be cured". Get it? Geeetttt itttt? *ahaha.wav* ... Just kidding, only people who've gotten Ending 6 will get this joke -which is not really a joke-. Anyway, you shouldn't TRY getting this ending, since it's more of an ending that comes to you if you do something terribly wrong.

Ending 3: It occurs when you are close, but not close enough... This also shouldn't be an ending you TRY getting, just something that comes to you if you lose your will to live (Or Julius succumbs to his guilt and loses his will to be cured... Yet another Ending 6 inside joke. ).

Ending 4: This occurs if YOU ARE INCOMPETENT! *ahaha.wav* ... Just kidding. If it happens, you're quite close to Ending 6, but you failed to find what is most important.

Ending 5: This occurs if you start treating Julius more like a close friend than a patient. You do not succeed in treating Julius, but at least he's happy.

Ending 6: ???

Posted on: 2009/12/16 21:26

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #2
Offline   M.C
  Enchanters
gold   2919 Gold
Level : 41
EXP : 87
HP : 204 / 1021
MP : 928 / 15885
Okay, I just managed to download it, but when I want to copy the folder that's in the WinZIP document, the folder isn't there.

And no, I already searched it. Or maybe I'm going blind.

Posted on: 2009/12/17 5:37

Yes, my new addiction is ONE PIECE. If we're at that, Roronoa Zoro.

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #3
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
You just have to try extracting it, I believe. Then run the application inside it.

Posted on: 2009/12/17 6:22

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #4
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
Here are some very minor hints about how to achieve each ending. Minor spoilers to be expected:

Ending 1: Occurs when you have absolutely no will to cure Julius. It happens if you actually give in to influence and start to despise Julius.

Ending 2: Occurs when Julius has lost his "will to be cured". Get it? Geeetttt itttt? *ahaha.wav* ... Just kidding, only people who've gotten Ending 6 will get this joke -which is not really a joke-. Anyway, you shouldn't TRY getting this ending, since it's more of an ending that comes to you if you do something terribly wrong.

Ending 3: It occurs when you are close, but not close enough... This also shouldn't be an ending you TRY getting, just something that comes to you if you lose your will to live (Or Julius succumbs to his guilt and loses his will to be cured... Yet another Ending 6 inside joke. ).

Ending 4: This occurs if YOU ARE INCOMPETENT! *ahaha.wav* ... Just kidding. If it happens, you're quite close to Ending 6, but you failed to find what is most important.

Ending 5: This occurs if you start treating Julius more like a close friend than a patient. You do not succeed in treating Julius, but at least he's happy.

Ending 6: ???

Most importantly, do not forget that "Julius is probably fully responsible for all that has happened to him".

Posted on: 2009/12/17 6:47

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #5
Offline   M.C
  Enchanters
gold   2919 Gold
It worked with EXTRACT, though, many times with other games/programs/things I tried to just copy them. Dunno what happened with this one. ^^;

Posted on: 2009/12/17 9:58

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #6
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
Good luck with it. Well, it appears you got Ending 3 first. Tell me when you get other endings, ok?

Posted on: 2009/12/17 11:13

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #7
Offline   M.C
  Enchanters
gold   2919 Gold
Prison of Loneliness? Yes. Very creepy. I got it twice, actually. And it annoys me. TT-TT

Posted on: 2009/12/17 11:32

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #8
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
A quote by the original creator might solve your problem. SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT YET REACHED ENDING 3.

Quote:
Heh. The White Woman part. Yup, I thought that this would be a part people found difficult. Even though the difficulty of surviving the encounter changes depending on what you did before.

First of all, if you died a lot during the White Woman part, you're probably on a good way to Ending 6. Her conversation includes ONE decision point that is absolutely essential for Ending 6, and that decision point is a pretty obvious one as it sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb in comparison to the two other options. Unfortunately, that decision will ALSO put you one step closer to a Game Over - so you have to "steer" into another direction during a few of her other conversation options. It is possible to get it "wrong" without immediately dying... wrong being missing the right choice for Ending 6. However, consciously avoiding that choice can make achieving Ending 5 easier.

If you want Ending 6, remember that you need to find out the truth behind Julius's hallucinations, and you won't get it without as much "outside help" as possible. Even if that help is... unpleasant. And you might want to draw your own conclusions from what you're hearing... and stand by them.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2009/12/17 11:41

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #9
Offline   shadesofgrey
  Amaranthian
gold   131 Gold
Level : 7
EXP : 34
HP : 0 / 158
MP : 23 / 2976
So far I have only gotten ending 2 because I had to go to sleep. I have to say I was expecting this to be bad, but the creator did good research and things are similar to how they would be. So far it is also creepy, but I am really enjoying this game. Good job

Posted on: 2009/12/17 12:12

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #10
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
Ah, there are actually many, many, many ways to get ending 2. May I ask which way you got it? Also put it in white text as it's a spoiler.

One way to get Ending 2 is to lose Julius' trust. Another way is to not care about how dangerous Julius actually is and even bringing other people to him. Yet another is to not know when to run and when to face bravely to an obstacle.

Posted on: 2009/12/17 12:18

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #11
Offline   shadesofgrey
  Amaranthian
gold   131 Gold
I have gotten it twice and neither were actually him they were... other things lol. I also have gotten number 4 now but its annoying me. I saved it a ways back and I can change my options from like 6 times and they still give me the same endings no matter what I choose

edit: I reread what you wrote and I think before each number 2 ending I had his ex come so maybe that was it?

Posted on: 2009/12/17 13:25

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #12
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
No, you know that monster that kills Gabrielle? It is representative of something within Julius. Think about it.

Posted on: 2009/12/17 20:46

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #13
Offline   M.C
  Enchanters
gold   2919 Gold
Okay, from the looks of it, I just got a little story from. . . Julius' life. I just supposse that happened. So, don't take it serious.

HIGHLIGHT [SPOILER! BETTER READ IT AFTER YOUR FIRST PLAYTHROUGH]:

After his vacantion in Hawaii, Julius Smith decided to go back to his home, work, and friends [if any LOL ]. But, when he entered his office there was an strange old man dresses with rags. . . his desk tainted with some beer he was drinking.

He toke the man by his collar, yanking him out of his office. On the hallway all the people was looking at him like he was crazy. They couldn't see him. Julius was too angry. . . and the man slipped form his grip, falling on the stairs.

The sound of his neck breaking. . . ! He decided to go back in his office. When work was done, he still found that man there. And the next day, the day after that. . . so one night, he decided to stay later than the pthers, and clean. Then it began. People were real, but he just couldn't feel them. . . He divorced, and his wife took custody of their daughter, Jane.

He hospitalized, because he was a danger for him, and for the others. One night, he heard the screams of a young woman. Since then, he asked to be put in the padded cell where the woman was. Her name was Rachel. The suicidal woman. . . He didn't like to see people in agony, so, he stayed with her.

That's what I thought in my first playthrough, in this are many spoilers so better read it after your first playthrough, please. But maybe you'll just figure it out, and you won't need to read it.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 1:47

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #14
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
Level : 33
EXP : 39
HP : 161 / 809
MP : 513 / 14486
Ahhh other than ending 2 & 5, I have nooo idea how to get the other endings!

Posted on: 2009/12/18 6:57

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #15
Offline   M.C
  Enchanters
gold   2919 Gold
Well you can get Ending 3 by talking to the White Lady. Believe me, it works, I got that ending like, 3 times. >_<

Posted on: 2009/12/18 9:15

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #16
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
Oh, don't get me started on that... I got Ending 3 more than five times while trying to get Ending 6, but I finally succeeded.

@Ivanna: Try a few different choices in the beginning, and with the White Woman, Danny and the stitched man, and you might just be well on your way in Ending 4, or maybe even Ending 6.

Ending 1 is the only ending you can get without anything strange happening... yet. It's an ending where you get influenced by outside sources and despise Julius, just wanting the two weeks to get by already. In the end, you drug him too much, and you know... you did something wrong. Something you can't take back.

I have half of a partially encrypted walkthrough for Ending 6. PM me if you want it, but I will only give it out if you have achieved Endings 1 to 5. To confirm it, please either state the names of the endings in the PMs or write down basically what happens.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 10:25

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #17
Offline   shadesofgrey
  Amaranthian
gold   131 Gold
I totally want the walkthrough or whatever you have. I'll write you the endings, I have now gotten all but the last one

Posted on: 2009/12/18 21:38

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #18
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
Level : 33
EXP : 39
HP : 161 / 809
MP : 513 / 14486
And why is it that I must complete all 5 endings for you to tell me ending 6?

Posted on: 2009/12/18 22:54

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #19
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2966 Gold
I don't want to see people rush. It's fairly easy to get the first five endings.

Posted on: 2009/12/19 2:33

Re: The Dreaming ~ Psychological Thriller Visual Novella #20
Offline   M.C
  Enchanters
gold   2919 Gold
I got ending 2 with your help! That was so creepy. Now I'm tryin' to get 4. ^^;

Posted on: 2009/12/19 3:03

(1) 2 3 »
      Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
Sargon > 08/29 04:45:50[Sargon] Happy weekend
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 1
Guests: 85

johnjohn16, more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
2007 Amaranth Games, LLC