Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Aveyond: Gates of Night
Aveyond: Gates of Night
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Topic is Locked
« 1 ... 85 86 87 (88) 89 90 91 ... 94 »
Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1741
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
Level : 37
EXP : 4
HP : 180 / 901
MP : 670 / 16358
What makes it worse is that many artists who draws characters with such huge eyes that takes up half of the face usually combines that feature with a round head, puffy hairstyles, and bodies narrower than the head itself- something like this.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 10:37

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1742
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
Level : 59
EXP : 48
HP : 877 / 1462
MP : 2538 / 26554
@rogue: that's not that bad. I was thinking more about *censor*. Ahem, now I remembered why I never wanted to see that manga again (or expose others to it) and it had little to do with eyes.

Carry on ^_^;;;

Posted on: 2012/2/26 22:16

Teijal's Toy

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1743
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
I actually used to like that kind of artwork too- you know, like the one I linked to my previous post, but those kind of style now turn me off, now that I am more familiar with more variety of drawing styles.

And speaking of mangas, I just read the latest chapter of Kuroshitsuji, only to find that it's just a filler chapter with nothing significant going on. Though I don't mind having comedic parts here and there, is it really necessary to waste a whole chapter for it? It's distracting the plot.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 2:01

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1744
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1569 Gold
Level : 33
EXP : 38
HP : 161 / 809
MP : 513 / 13589
@KTC
Hey that's not fair. You can't just censor that word and call it a day. Tease! x)

@Adept
Same with you. I actually liked those artworks when I was young. *coughs*Cardcaptor Sakura era*coughs* Now they just turn me off since I'm more exposed to other styles.

Filler I don't mind in animes *ahem*Naruto*ahem* but in manga it's really irritating.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 4:23

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1745
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
I know, right? If the manga-ka/author want to put jokes, by all means, do. But it doesn't have to stretch that far. If a few panels isn't enough to put in all those comic reliefs, inserting a few pages worth of 4-panel comics or Omake, is fine. But a WHOLE CHAPTER? Which is NOT a bonus comic? Hell NO.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 23:59

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1746
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
Level : 32
EXP : 15
HP : 155 / 778
MP : 467 / 14146
I need to catch upon the Kuroshitsuji manga but that seems to be its style - have a serious, action-filled arc and then break it up with a "filler", comedic chapter or two. D.Gray-man does that sometimes, too. It can be especially frustrating if said manga series (both of them, in these cases) are released monthly rather than weekly, because then you're left waiting longer for actual plot progression.

However, if the "filler" chapter is done well, then I don't mind it at all. Same goes for anime filler. The Naruto anime fillers were truly horrendous - terrible writing and boring plots, ugh. And they went on for over a YEAR. Natsume Yuujinchou, on the other hand, often does filler episodes quite well. Then again, they occupy completely different genre.

@Adept_Rogue
Arina Tanemura's style seems to be the massive eyes of her characters. Still, she's gotten a little better, particularly with details and body proportions.

I think my favoured art styles are those that are "clean" and more minimalist - less screen tones and such - but with enough detail to make it interesting to look at (for example, xxxHOLiC or Kuroshitsuji)

Posted on: 2012/2/29 16:33

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1747
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
I wouldn't really call such drawing style minimalist, actually. I like details also, and I don't mind screen tones and effects as long as they aren't too distracting. Death Note is, in my opinion, screen tone heavy as well, but it's nicely done that I have nothing to complain about. Now shoujo manga, on the other hand...

Posted on: 2012/3/2 10:16

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1748
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1569 Gold
Recently read a manhua called 'The One'. It's a Chinese one and it's about modelling. After reading half of it, it made me lose my appetite. In a good way I mean. I'm starting to be careful at what I eat and try to take care of my skin and stuffs. ._.

Posted on: 2012/3/5 3:58

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1749
Offline   Suigintou
  Amaranthian
gold   313 Gold
Level : 11
EXP : 9
HP : 0 / 252
MP : 48 / 3035
Anyone watching the new Black★Rock Shooter anime?

I really had high expectation for this show. I really did.

It's trying to imitate Madoka Magica with its dark themes. The characters all had this clichè personality, there wasn't enough distinction between each character.
The music and animation, however are much better than the OVA's(especially the ending song).

Posted on: 2012/3/14 16:12

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1750
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8793 Gold
Level : 53
EXP : 47
HP : 524 / 1311
MP : 1848 / 23803
@Ivana: LOL, our back and forth about the art of manga continues. I disagree with what you said about exaggeration. Just because most manga does exaggerated expression doesn't mean it makes the "real normal" expression become out of place because it's a matter of opinion. To you, the manga that makes use of "real normal" expressions look blank and emotionless, while I think they still convey the emotions properly because I happen to like the subtle, semi-realistic style
Quote:
I mean, how would YOU try to show the readers that the character is feeling, really really sad without, using like a whole paragraph?

To answer your question: the shading on the characters, the background effect, or the way the characters interact with their surrounding. Yes, exaggerated expression is probably the easiest way to convey emotion. I did say it gives a stronger, and more direct impact, BUT it is NOT the only way.
What works or not depends on the viewer's and the artist's aesthetics anyway.

Okay, enough on art theories. I can rant all day about what my aesthetics and preferred art styles are like and why, but it's seriously off-topic. Moving on.
----------------------------------------------
XXXHolic is probably the most minimalist manga I've ever seen. I don't think it uses screentones EVER. Like, totally zilch screentones, if only in the first few volumes. I haven't read that far yet, so I can't tell what happens to the art in later volumes.. I seriously want to be able to do that. I suck at being minimalistic. If there's too much blank space in my drawing, I just HAVE to fill it up with something.

@Suigintou: What do you mean it's imitating Madoka? I thought black Rock Shooter came out FIRST!

Posted on: 2012/3/14 18:03

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1751
Offline   Suigintou
  Amaranthian
gold   313 Gold
Level : 11
EXP : 9
HP : 0 / 252
MP : 48 / 3035
@D_A: The OVA was before Madoka, I'm talking about the TV series.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 6:58

We are oft to blame in this, - 'Tis too much proved, - that with devotion's visage and pious action, we do sugar o'er The devil himself

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1752
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
Quote:
I wouldn't really call such drawing style minimalist, actually. I like details also, and I don't mind screen tones and effects as long as they aren't too distracting. Death Note is, in my opinion, screen tone heavy as well, but it's nicely done that I have nothing to complain about. Now shoujo manga, on the other hand...

Well, perhaps not so much Kuroshitsuji, but I still do consider xxxHOLiC minimalist. As agas said, there aren't any screentones, little use of shadows (except to make things dramatic, and they're not gradients, they're solid black shadows), etc.

Another CLAMP work, Clover, is also in a way minimalist. There's lots of use of "negative space", although there is tons of detail in other ways (i.e. in characters' clothing or the mechanical wings).

Quote:
Anyone watching the new Black★Rock Shooter anime?

I really had high expectation for this show. I really did.

It's trying to imitate Madoka Magica with its dark themes. The characters all had this clichè personality, there wasn't enough distinction between each character.
The music and animation, however are much better than the OVA's(especially the ending song).

I agree. BRS is a huge disappointment. It looked very cool and had a neat concept, but it failed in many ways.

First, the concept of the alternate world and personas was good, but explained so poorly that it really makes no sense (at this point, anyway; I'm waiting for a better explanation than what we have so far).

Second, the dark and oh-so-dramatic scenarios that really aren't. I mean, what's with the girl having a mental breakdown because her friends are making other friends? I can't feel sorry for her. I just want to tell her to get over herself and move on. Or the school counselor who randomly becomes creepy and hurtful and then becomes nice again later on?

Basically, the characters are so cliche and their development is so random and nonsensical that I really couldn't care less about them.

So really, all BRS has going for it is the cool action scenes and the soundtrack.

-----------------------------------

In other news, I am really impressed with the fourth season of Natsume Yuujinchou. The latest episode almost had me in tears, it was so heartwrenching and beautiful ;A;

Posted on: 2012/3/15 9:08

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1753
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1569 Gold
@D_A
Lol you just had to have the last words x)

Since my laptop has been fixed, I can finally catch up with Mirai Nikki anime! Those 2 lovers in the game were a tear-jerker >.< Was wondering, that scene where Marco saves her from being (possibly) raped, was it in the manga? I can't recall that scene somehow o__O

Posted on: 2012/3/15 10:56

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1754
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
This post is probably a bit delayed, but remember my earlier rants about how many Shoujo manga styles turn me off because of their overly large eyes, with overly small bodies, nose and mouth in comparison? I now understood the reason why...
I mean, look at what their proportions remind me of!!

Open in new window

Posted on: 2012/3/16 8:22

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1755
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8793 Gold
@rogue:HA!

Nice. I can't top that.

@Ivana: Because you're insisting on something that I don't agree with

Posted on: 2012/3/17 6:29

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1756
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1569 Gold
Fine fine I don't feel like giving a good retort anymore anyways xP

Posted on: 2012/3/17 9:44

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1757
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8793 Gold
@Ivana: I try my best not to engage others in a debate, but sometimes it can't be helped
--------------------------------------------------

Did I mention that Bleach is ending? That story is as pointless as pointless could be and it could only be stretched out so far.

I once had a weird dream that Bleach will end at chapter 494. I'm sure that would not be the case, but I'm interested in looking at where this final story ends.

Posted on: 2012/3/17 14:19

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1758
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
Bleach is ending?! Wow, that's rather shocking. It's about time, too. But if there's only one more arc, well...that could take forever in itself >_>

Posted on: 2012/3/17 23:06

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1759
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8793 Gold
@Aeternus: Yep, Bleach is ending.

A group of people who seem to be Quincys declare war on Seireitei. Their names have a German theme to it, kinda like how the Hollows and Arrancars had a Spanish theme going on. Ran a check on Ishida and the only non-Japanese-named stuff he has was in German, so I guess the new enemies were some variant of the Quincy. They're wearing Hollow-like masks, so...

@Suigintou: Oh, okay. Black rock Shooter fanstuff spawned earlier than Madoka, so I assumed BRS was made first.

Posted on: 2012/3/18 1:43

Re: Comic/Cartoon/Manga/Anime Club #1760
Offline   shadowshed
  The Brotherhood
gold   1313 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 13
HP : 150 / 753
MP : 431 / 8817
@agas:
Haha, the quincy thing sounds like a new BIG arc just like Aizen's there. Completely predictable and dang pointless.

Maybe this will take long time there XDD

Posted on: 2012/3/18 9:25

« 1 ... 85 86 87 (88) 89 90 91 ... 94 »
      Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!

RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Edolie
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
Sargon > 04/16 22:40:22[Sargon] Yea I think I saw it
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
©2007 Amaranth Games, LLC