Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Edolie
Edolie
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Topic is Locked

Orbs help #1
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
Level : 33
EXP : 39
HP : 161 / 809
MP : 513 / 14577
So...I'm in DreamLand now and you know, the monsters there are extremely hard to defeat...I was wondering...what's the most powerful orb for Lars? (I've join thr Time Masters guild btw), now, I'm using the flood orb for the tsunami spell...is there any more powerful spell + orb to use on the monsters? (the 'enemy party' spells, the better.)

Posted on: 2008/8/29 1:16

Re: Orbs help #2
Offline   Astral
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   77 Gold
Level : 7
EXP : 77
HP : 0 / 169
MP : 26 / 3279
Actually, I never used Lars more then it , and I never used its orbs really, too . Even through I collected them. I think through you can freeze your enemies or something, with Time Masters spells ? You should try it.

But I remember I used Rhen's Sword of Dreams *a lot* , so I suggest you first head for getting it.

And, If I remember, few spells are affected by orbs. If I remember well, Cracked orb will help for Thunder-type spells, But I havn't played Aveyond since ages, so I cannot tell much .

Elini's Red Demon Summon should be handy if you have it, I remember using it a lot ... Not just there, everywhere. *everywhere*.
Also, Dameon was the must-have party member. These dream witches can put you to sleep .. Awakening spell is a wonderful add.
Te'ijal , like always, well, is of an extreme help . lol

Hope it helps !

~Astral

Posted on: 2008/8/29 1:55

I'd rather be a submissive pet then a useless pawn.

Re: Orbs help #3
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
Level : 32
EXP : 15
HP : 155 / 778
MP : 467 / 15093
To tell you the truth, I don't remember much about the orbs...but just in general, what's your strategy for Dreamworld?

For starters, you may want to equip at least Dameon (if not everyone) with star or spry amulets to keep everyone awake. Dameon also has a silencing spell that you may want to try (athough it doesn't always work) since the monsters in Dreamworld use a lot of magic. Similarly, the monsters don't take a lot of damage from melee attacks so keep your party magic-based...which means you'll want to keep Lars, Dameon, and Elini in your party and hit them with just spells rather than their weapons. This means make sure you have plenty of MP restoratives!

Also, have you visited the armoury in Thais yet? Thais offers the best armour and weapons in the game.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 2:59

Re: Orbs help #4
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
Yes but that time, I was buying the WHOLE equipment on Veldt just to realized that Thais has BETTER ones when I got the dragon T_T (Yeah I'm penniless now)

Darn it last time I've played Aveyond, I've took the Red Demon Spell so now I decided to take the sword for John...*sobs sobs*

Posted on: 2008/8/29 12:08

Re: Orbs help #5
Offline   aislingyngaio
  Amaranthian
gold   14313 Gold
Level : 72
EXP : 50
HP : 1787 / 1787
MP : 4715 / 34636
I believe Dreamland is the one place in AV1 where the monsters are either weak against magic or melee. However, I've found Annihilate powered with Dragon Orb extremely useful

Posted on: 2008/8/29 17:02

Visit the House of Ngaio today!
Free games, free RPG walkthroughs and more...

Re: Orbs help #6
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
AHHHH too bad I've join the Time Masters! >=(

Posted on: 2008/8/29 23:08

Re: Orbs help #7
Offline   nic_c12
  Druids
gold   3743 Gold
Level : 46
EXP : 52
HP : 455 / 1138
MP : 1240 / 21203
actually, i found charm orb very useful, and the sword of dreams. i was only around... level 50-55, and fighting in the dreamland was manageable

Posted on: 2008/8/31 3:14

Re: Orbs help #8
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
Level : 32
EXP : 15
HP : 155 / 778
MP : 467 / 15093
All right, I've dug this up from a document I wrote up a long time ago based on what other people have found. I hope it helps

- Flood Orb, from the necromancer’s shop in Veldarah. Strengthens water/ice attacks, such as Tsunami and Absolute Zero. Weaks fire attacks.

- Gnome Orb, from Thornkeep. Strengthens earth attacks, like Annhilate, Earthquake, and Mudslide, as well as other Annhilator attacks, such as Thermal Storm and Bomb. Weakens lightning attacks.

- Star Orb, from Aveyond (ask for a map from Lamb Chop the bini in Teamcup Town). Currently, we still have no idea what it does!

- Cracked Orb, from the junk shop in Sedona. Strengthens lightning attacks, such as Lightning Storm and Thunderstorm. Weakens earth-based attacks.

- Dragon Orb, from the museum curator in Veldt. Strengthens fire attacks, such as Bomb, Thermal Storm, and Annhilator Guild attacks in general. Weakens water/ice attacks.

- Charmed Orb, from Mysten Far (need the Climbing Guide). Generally strengthens Time Master Guild spells, such as Charm, Gate Exura, Fast Forward, and Time Storm. Currently, we’re not sure what it specifically weakens.

- Blood Orb, from Ahriman’s Castle. Generally strengthens Necromancer Guild attacks, such as Burn, Sacrifice, and Death.

Posted on: 2008/9/2 0:29

Re: Orbs help #9
Offline   rugwithlegs
  Amaranthian
gold   288 Gold
Level : 15
EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 367
MP : 93 / 6865
What I remember of the Dreamland was that there were two types of monsters, the one that Teijal and Galahad were able to kill, but didn't respond to spells at all, and I had Lars using the Dragon Orb and Annihilate on the second type that took almost no melee damage. For those that took zero damge from melee attacks, I had Teijal and Galahad use scrolls. At level 50, I was able to get by. If the monster gets to attack, you'll be badly messed up without something to keep you awake. You don't need to engage Agas to get the magic lockpick in the temple, so you can come back with the Sword of Dreams.

Posted on: 2008/9/13 0:53

Re: Orbs help #10
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
Well I've tried fighting with Agas without the Sword of Dreams and it ended FASTER than using the Sword of Dreams...>_> I've a question. Is the Annihilater skill's better than the Time Masters to defeat the monsters in Ahriman's Lair?

Posted on: 2008/9/13 11:17

Re: Orbs help #11
Offline   anhnhay
  Amaranthian
gold   4 Gold
Level : 1
EXP : 2
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 11
hey !!! can I have a question . Which orb make Chicken Curse speel stronger

Posted on: 2008/9/14 12:45

Re: Orbs help #12
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5458 Gold
Level : 53
EXP : 9
HP : 520 / 1302
MP : 1810 / 24224
blood orb I think.

Posted on: 2008/9/14 13:12

Re: Orbs help #13
Offline   rugwithlegs
  Amaranthian
gold   288 Gold
Level : 15
EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 367
MP : 93 / 6865
Annihilate and the Dragon orb seemed to hit the hardest of any of the spell and orb combinations. I haven't tried them all yet though. Plague and the blood orb still causes more damage in the future rounds, but the first round is not as strong, so the monster gets to counter attack more often. I never had to cast annihilate more than twice in a single fight for most of the game. With the Dragon Orb, I get 3200 damage each spell to each monster. It also comes nice and early in the game, making levelling up and puzzles pretty straight forward.

Posted on: 2008/9/14 14:00

Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
ljspence > 09/15 08:49:03[ljspence] @Bronte you can check out the walkthrough in the forum for AV1 basically it would recommend going to the Western Isle and working on the quests to the south to eventually save Armaiti
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
©2007 Amaranth Games, LLC