Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Asteria
Asteria
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10 »
Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #101
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8797 Gold
Level : 53
EXP : 54
HP : 525 / 1313
MP : 1855 / 26441
Quote:
I can't remember Edward getting nasty with her around, I don't think Edward would get that snippy.

The problem here is that Edward and Mel almost NEVER talked to each other in TDP. Since Ed only got rather snippy in TDP, we can't know what Mel's reaction to that would be.

Quote:
I know there's no possible way to sway you to my side of the fence on that one. XD

Heh heh, I need better argument than what's been said all along. Like "Stella is too sappy" or "Stella is a doormat" or "it sounds like Edward/Bella from Twilight", because other than "they have more interaction", most pro-Mel arguments are just no-Stella arguments. And like I said before, I do admit that there are not enough on-screen Stella/Ed interaction to justify their relationship, but the thing with Mel/Ed is that it's shoved into my face so much that I stopped rolling my eyes and just started wanting to tear them apart.

Plus, I'd rather nitpick the plotholes and use them to justify Gyendal/Mel Those "holes" are so aplenty that Gy/Mel might well be "hidden canon".

Posted on: 2011/1/29 21:43

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #102
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
Level : 2
EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 43
MP : 5 / 498
Quote:
...but the thing with Mel/Ed is that it's shoved into my face so much that I stopped rolling my eyes and just started wanting to tear them apart.

Ah, yes. I know that feeling. You've got a built-in hatred for a character that just develops as the character gets more and more screen time. I had have that for Winry Rockbell(Fullmetal Alchemist). I was perfectly fine with the guy she got paired with, just not her. Which peeved me further, Ed shouldn't suffer for her. XD No one will ever change my opinion on the girl; she's an annoying idiot. -nod nod-

Quote:
Plus, I'd rather nitpick the plotholes and use them to justify Gyendal/Mel Those "holes" are so aplenty that Gy/Mel might well be "hidden canon".

I assume you mean what Gyendal and Mel did in the Week that Edward, Stella, Te'ijal, and Galahad were trying to find her....?
Hidden Canon indeed. XD

Posted on: 2011/1/29 21:56

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #103
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8797 Gold
Quote:
I assume you mean what Gyendal and Mel did in the Week that Edward, Stella, Te'ijal, and Galahad were trying to find her....?
Hidden Canon indeed. XD

Among many MANY other things
For example, Mel's too-easy capture: Mel's only going along because Stella's in danger, yeah, sure Stella was released BEFORE Mel got dragged away. She isn't even gonna put up a fight? Really, now.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:04

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #104
Offline   FishSantiago
  Amaranthian
gold   127 Gold
Level : 10
EXP : 12
HP : 0 / 228
MP : 41 / 2605
Quote:

daeva_agas wrote:
Quote:
Hidden Canon indeed. XD

Among many MANY other things
For example, Mel's too-easy capture: Mel's only going along because Stella's in danger, yeah, sure Stella was released BEFORE Mel got dragged away. She isn't even gonna put up a fight? Really, now.

okay we are totally making a thread for these questionable things that keep happening

lol... That hidden canon isn't very hidden to me though

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:11

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #105
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
Quote:
Stella was released BEFORE Mel got dragged away. She isn't even gonna put up a fight?

-sees this- Maybe she was simply awed by the extreme power Gyendal emitted and the fact that many small ghost things(Or were they the darklings?) were dragging her away.
Maybe 'Spook' got to Mel, maybe she was curious. Speculations.... I still think all that with Spook was just to make Edward jealous. XD

Quote:
lol... That hidden canon isn't very hidden to me though

Not on screen=hidden. ^^

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:13

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #106
Offline   JamiSings
  Amaranthian
gold   59 Gold
Level : 6
EXP : 62
HP : 0 / 140
MP : 20 / 2830
Okay, here's my expanded POV why Stella and not Mel.

Mel's a bit like me - calls it like she sees it, usually finds herself pushed into being a leader even when she doesn't want to be, stands up for what she believes in, a bit tomboyish.

Edward reminds me of the boys I knew in school - the kind who never make the first move. Afraid to do anything that might make those psychos who call themselves "feminists" (but really tick real feminists off) yell at them. Just a really wishy-washy guy. Only time he really stands up was for the star thing. (And frankly, I think the reason Stella said nothing is because she knows the star is important.)

Boys like that always bored the snot out of me. I didn't even like being their friends, let alone wanting to date them. (Though truth be told, I've always been attracted to older men anyway.) It's too easy to get them to do whatever I wanted. I need a guy who can stand up and say "No" to me. Someone who's challenging.

And Mel needs the same. She'd be bored with him in a week and running off with Lars or even Gyendal.

Not saying I'm not a little bit like Stella too - I can be very girly, love romantic stuff. Stella has a bit Mel-like toughness too, but it's tempered by her gentler side. She's more complete as a woman - she can fight, even kill, but she can also turn around and nurture, heal, and brings wisdom to the table that Mel will never have.

She'll never be bored with Edward and will never bore him. She's everything a queen - and a woman - should be. She can fight like a tiger for something she believes in, but also turn around and bandage your wounds with a kiss and a sympathetic tear.

She's just more suited for Edward. That's all.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:24

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #107
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
@Jami_sings
....As I said before, Stella got determined about her wings, that was all. Something that had been a part of her for years and years, since birth, her heritage and connection to friends and family.
She's a butterfly...Not a tiger. Butterflies get pretty ticked if you mess with their wings or body, but if you poke their eggs or a flower they're headed for or the butterfly they just...'mated?'...with, they really don't care. They're pretty forgetful and lazily, carelessly float through life. This is my impression of Stella. She certainly has more feelings, and would have a backbone after a while.... But I just don't see it.

No offense to your point or feelings. That's just what I see/think.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:34

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #108
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8797 Gold
Quote:
As I said before, Stella got determined about her wings, that was all. Something that had been a part of her for years and years, since birth, her heritage and connection to friends and family.
She's a butterfly...Not a tiger. Butterflies get pretty ticked if you mess with their wings or body, but if you poke their eggs or a flower they're headed for or the butterfly they just...'mated?'...with, they really don't care. They're pretty forgetful and lazily, carelessly float through life. This is my impression of Stella. She certainly has more feelings, and would have a backbone after a while.... But I just don't see it.

No offense, but I think I'm seeing logic-fail here. Just because Naylithians are butterfly people, please don't compare their married lives to butterflies D:

Plus, if we want to argue animals here, butterflies aren't forgetful. They retain certain memories from their period of living as caterpillars. They can navigate using the sun as orientation and use other lighting as orientation when night falls. "Flower constancy", i.e returning only to specific kinds of flowers, are observed on some butterfly species, so you can say that they could be loyal too. Just because they LOOK like they're flying around carelessly, doesn't mean that they do.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:54

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #109
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
Quote:
No offense, but I think I'm seeing logic-fail here. Just because Naylithians are butterfly people, please don't compare their married lives to butterflies D:

Hence 'This is my impression of Stella'. -nod nod-

Quote:
Plus, if we want to argue animals here, butterflies aren't forgetful. They retain certain memories from their period of living as caterpillars. Just because they LOOK like they're flying around carelessly, doesn't mean that they do.

I wouldn't know; I'm not a butterfly. Maybe you're right.

But this is just what I see Stella as.... A doormat with a passion for having pretty wings and the ability to fly. I saw her have one opinion. She was extremely clever(Stella was always the one figuring out the puzzles), which, admittedly, is not very good for my 'forgetful' argument, but did not seem to be a good queen-figure. To me. Queens need to take over in their husbands stead if said husband needs to leave(As Lydia did, however poorly) and a girl who cannot make a decision would not be ideal.

....Maybe Edward did need Belf. XD

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:02

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #110
Offline   FishSantiago
  Amaranthian
gold   127 Gold
Also, just because they are called butterfly people, doesn't necessarily mean they have every trait identical to butterflies. I mean, I'm part mongolian... that doesn't mean I'm good at tearing down walls right?.... well... D_A might disagree

From the perspective of someone who used to fly, butterflies have enormous wings for their mass, their "careless" gait in flight is due to their wing size. They know and track exactly where they are going.

Stella fits the typical video game archetypes of the "super-innocent and ridiculously sweet girl" as well as the "soft but extremely powerful girly girl". Perfect for our "lost prince" in my opinion. probably Disney's fault
I wonder if Amanda plans on picking an actual canon match for this one in the next game or two...

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:07

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #111
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8797 Gold
You must be missing out on news. The canon HAS been decided: Edward/Stella and Lars/Mel.
---------------------------------------
This Mel VS Stella thing really goes back to who is your initial bride in GON-TLO. If your bride had been NOT Mel, she would say something along this lines: "I suppose I did sort of like him a bit. Oh well, I'm sad but I'm letting go. Moving on with life now." Coupled with the Spook business in TLO... Yeah. If your first bride isn't Mel, Edward/Mel would not make sense since Ed and Mel HARDLY interacted in TDP.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:10

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #112
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
Quote:
This Mel VS Stella thing really goes back to who is your initial bride in GON-TLO. If your bride had been NOT Mel, she would say something along this lines: "I suppose I did sort of like him a bit. Oh well, I'm sad but I'm letting go. Moving on with life now." Coupled with the Spook business in TLO... Yeah. If your first bride isn't Mel, Edward/Mel would not make sense since Ed and Mel HARDLY interacted in TDP.

.....After what I've said, I think it's obvious who I picked in GoN. =) Plus, I turned Spook down on everything in TLO. XD
Therefore, your Stella and Edward stuff is NONSENSE AND BLASPHEMY(Well...More like Cheating...), AMANDA! FIX IT! ^^
I've been devoted to Mel and Edward since the Ely Harpsbren mansion thing. I'm a sucker for auto-pairing. XD

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:17

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #113
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
Level : 59
EXP : 48
HP : 877 / 1462
MP : 2538 / 29455
Um, why should amanda fix it when she herself was the one who chose the canon?

It would be like requesting/demanding/ordering JKRowling to 'fix' dumbledore's homosexuality lol. (which many 'fans' did actually...)

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:27

Teijal's Toy

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #114
Offline   JamiSings
  Amaranthian
gold   59 Gold
In the meantime I wonder if T&G will ever have kids. They did, after all, spend time as human, she might've been pregnant when turned back into a vampire.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had a bloodsucking rugrat or two whom could be in the next game? Then we could have one of them marry either Edward and Stella's kid or one of Mel's kids.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:31

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #115
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
Quote:
Um, why should Amanda fix it when she herself was the one who chose the canon?

...I hope you realize I was kidding. XD I know she wouldn't change it and I don't expect her to; She's Aveyond God. My words mean nothing. ^^ And I will simply build a bridge and get over it before people start hating me. XD

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:31

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #116
Offline   FishSantiago
  Amaranthian
gold   127 Gold
Quote:

JamiSings wrote:
In the meantime I wonder if T&G will ever have kids. They did, after all, spend time as human, she might've been pregnant when turned back into a vampire.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had a bloodsucking rugrat or two whom could be in the next game? Then we could have one of them marry either Edward and Stella's kid or one of Mel's kids.

>.< I would once again bring up the fluid transmission thing, but they did both spend time as human. yaaay! Even more for them to bicker over... hahaha... their kids will be so conflicted. Aaahk... now I want this too!!!

Quote:
Um, why should amanda fix it when she herself was the one who chose the canon?

It would be like requesting/demanding/ordering JKRowling to 'fix' dumbledore's homosexuality lol. (which many 'fans' did actually...)

It is too bad his line is ending though... aside from that, I thought the massive wave of complaints about that were rather annoying... >_<

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:50

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #117
Offline   daeva_agas
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   8797 Gold
VAMPIRES. COULD. NOT. HAVE. BABIES.

THEY. ARE. DEAD.

I'm pretty sure if they were pregnant before they were turned the fetus would die with them once they got vamped.

Okay, maybe that would result into "vamped-fetus" because the vamp-virus spreads and the fetus is still attached to the woman's body (blah, biological explanation fail), but... since it's "dead" anyway I don't think they could grow and they'd have to cut the undead-baby out D:

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:53

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #118
Offline   Hoprabbit
  Amaranthian
gold   16 Gold
Quote:

THEY. ARE. DEAD.

I'm pretty sure if they were pregnant before they were turned the fetus would die with them once they got vamped.

-also thought this but decided not to crush dreams and went along with it-......XD

...i really don't want to think about how Te'ijal would deal with that....

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:54

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #119
Offline   FishSantiago
  Amaranthian
gold   127 Gold
Quote:

daeva_agas wrote:

THEY. ARE. DEAD.

Not necessarily, a good example is blood diseases. If a pregnant woman gets a blood disease, it is transfered to the baby, who is still alive. It could actually result in an even purer revision of vampirism...

edit: and now D_A is editing her post cause she is shoulder reading... *poke*

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:56

Re: Who's your bride at the ending?(Spoilers) #120
Offline   JamiSings
  Amaranthian
gold   59 Gold
Actually in the real life mythology vampires CAN have children. Granted, it's always the union between a vampire male and a human female, but that's where Dhampires like Blade come from.

So, yeah, vampires CAN have children.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 0:00

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10 »
      Register To Post
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4
Stargazer

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
Meroko > 12/20 22:00:12[Meroko] *returns hug* XD
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 1
Guests: 80

sana96, more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
2007 Amaranth Games, LLC