Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Edolie
Edolie
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Topic is Locked

Sphere Levels? #1
Offline   Cricks3
  Amaranthian
gold   36 Gold
Level : 4
EXP : 59
HP : 0 / 89
MP : 11 / 922
Is there a listing somewhere of what level(s) Iya needs to be at to learn spells from the spheres?

I've taken advantage of the squirrel goodie and have them all but she's not learning anything from them. I equip her with each and wait a while but nothing happens. I assume that she must either be at certain levels or wait for that point in the game when she would have earned them without the goodie.

I really don't want to fuss with them each time she gains a level if they won't activate until certain triggers or specific levels are reached.

Thanks for any insight.

Edit: Also, does she have to have to be equipped with a particular sphere in order for "its" spells to level up or will ALL spells level up as she does?

Thank you again.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 10:11

Re: Sphere Levels? #2
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5458 Gold
Level : 53
EXP : 9
HP : 520 / 1302
MP : 1810 / 24234
It doesn't have to do with the levels. And she can only learn one set of spells at a time, so having one sphere equipped won't allow her to learn the other spheres' spells. This guide should help you. You just have to scroll down to the part about Iya.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 11:07

Re: Sphere Levels? #3
Offline   Cricks3
  Amaranthian
gold   36 Gold
That list tells me what the spheres are but not at what point she'll begin to learn their spells. She's currently equipped with Song and is learning spells as her levels increase. But if I equip her with one of the others, nothing happens. I need to know at what point(s) she'll learn from equipping the others.

Does your reply mean that she can't learn from another until ALL from Song (or whichever sphere) are learned first? If so, does that include the spell upgrades? Or just the basic spells and then I can equip another sphere?

Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 11:13

Re: Sphere Levels? #4
Offline   shadowshed
  The Brotherhood
gold   1313 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 13
HP : 150 / 753
MP : 431 / 9740
"This means Iya can have up to
3 spheres, and up to 15 songs,
at any point in a game." (from the guide)
^ 3 spheres. The first would have be the Song Sphere, the second is whatever you got from the guild, and last would be the Phoenix Sphere.

You did mention about squirrel goodie. Are you getting all of the spheres here? Have you been in any guild?

Posted on: 2011/4/19 12:25

Re: Sphere Levels? #5
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5458 Gold
The guide mentions how she learns the spell. Like I said, it doesn't have to do with a set level. Like Shaz said

Quote:
Apart from a single default spell, Iya's magical abilities come from a number of spheres she obtains and equips during her quest. Each sphere allows her to learn 5 unique songs, or spells, and each song has 3 levels of effectiveness. Learning and upgrading songs does not depend on what level Iya is at. Rather, songs will be learned and upgraded based on how many levels Iya has gained since equipping the sphere. This is sometimes with every new level, and sometimes with two or three levels. If a sphere is unequipped or replaced with another, Iya retains songs she has already learned.

But yes, Iya can't learn spells from another sphere, until it is equipped.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 12:32

Re: Sphere Levels? #6
Offline   Cricks3
  Amaranthian
gold   36 Gold
I've got all of the spheres with the goodie (prior to arriving at my first guild in Thais, which I don't need to join as I've already got the spheres).

The only one she's learning from is Song. The others don't seem to be active yet. That's why I wondered if they need to be triggered by events or levels.

So far, I've got all 5 spells from Song with one of those spells at the first upgrade. Any idea if I have to wait until all 5 Song spells are at maximum upgrades BEFORE I can begin to learn from a different sphere?

Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 12:35

Re: Sphere Levels? #7
Offline   shadowshed
  The Brotherhood
gold   1313 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 13
HP : 150 / 753
MP : 431 / 9740
The max level is at 99. Better save up for the phoenix sphere.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 12:42

Re: Sphere Levels? #8
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5458 Gold
No, you don't have to wait until all the songs are upgraded. You can equip a different spell and start learning those songs if you want. That part is completely up to you.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 12:49

Re: Sphere Levels? #9
Offline   Cricks3
  Amaranthian
gold   36 Gold
Mopiece: For some reason, just equipping them won't work (like Lar's spellbooks in Rhen's Quest did).

Iya's at level 25. I went back to Green Weed Plains and found the level goodie cave to experiment. Each time I equip a new sphere, I must reach a new level before it "activates". Crossing the threshold to a new level seems to act as the catalyst to start the learning.

But then, I only learn two spells from the new sphere. When I equip yet another new sphere, I must level up one to activate learning and, then only learn 2 spells from that sphere, and so on.

In order to learn more spells from each sphere, I have to hold onto it and level up...each level crossed activates two learning sessions.

Not what I expected...which was ALL spells from ALL spheres immediately upon equipping them. That's why I was so confused. Now I understand how it works.

Thank you for your help in guiding me to figuring this out.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 13:21

Re: Sphere Levels? #10
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5458 Gold
Yes, once you equip a sphere, you have to wait until you level up before a new spell is learned. That has always been the case for Iya.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 13:27

Re: Sphere Levels? #11
Offline   shaz
  Administrator
gold   11565 Gold
Level : 69
EXP : 2
HP : 1700 / 1700
MP : 4028 / 32966
As already stated, sometimes Iya will learn a new song with her next level, sometimes she must go two or three levels before she learns her next song. It depends on what sphere she has equipped, and what songs she's already learned from it.

Just pick a sphere, equip it, then let her level up until you've learned the songs you want.

You compare to Lars, but his spells are learned AT a certain level, and if you equip the book when he's past that level, he will learn all spells that he'd bypassed. Iya's are not based on her actual level, but on the number of levels she's gained since equipping the sphere. You just need to keep a sphere equipped and keep levelling her up.

I am not sure if she learns spells when you use the level goodie. Of course, if you use that to make her reach level 99, she will not level up again after that, and will not learn any new songs.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 15:20

Re: Sphere Levels? #12
Offline   Cricks3
  Amaranthian
gold   36 Gold
Thanks guys. That info really helps to understand the game mechanics in Ian's Quest. Honestly, I never imagined it would work this way.

Yes, she does learn spells at the level goodie, at least she did during my experiment.

So, from your info, it's clear that it's VITAL to get all spheres desired (whether with or without the sphere goodie) BEFORE going to the level up goodie cave (should you choose to use it)...and make sure there are enough levels left to get all the spells BEFORE reaching 99. Otherwise, you're just out of luck to ever learn them.

I'm so glad I asked, and even more that you all answered. Thank you very much.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 18:53

Re: Sphere Levels? #13
Offline   shaz
  Administrator
gold   11565 Gold
Level : 69
EXP : 2
HP : 1700 / 1700
MP : 4028 / 32966
[shaz takes a quick peek at the game]

You're in luck!

You need to level up 26 times with each sphere equipped in order to learn all the songs for that sphere, at their maximum strength.

If you play the game without using any goodies, you could improve each song to maximum for each of the three spheres you obtain.

If you use the goodies and have all 6 spheres, you would need an additional 156 levels from the moment Iya equips the first sphere.

However, even after you've reached level 99, you can keep cranking that handle on the level goodie and learning new songs, as long as there are new songs to be learned. Luckeeeeeeee

Posted on: 2011/4/19 21:38

Re: Sphere Levels? #14
Offline   Cricks3
  Amaranthian
gold   36 Gold
Shaz: Thank you so much for checking that! Too bad I restarted a new game before you replied so I could use the level up and sphere goodies together as I thought once I hit 99 I was out of luck. I purposely bypassed level up crates and fighting so as not to get too high before getting to the cave.

Now I understand some of the weird stuff it did at the end to "squeeze" in all of the spells. This knowledge you posted will help so many people wanting to use these two goodies together.

Thank you so much for taking that "quick peek", Shaz.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 15:37

Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
ljspence > 09/15 08:49:03[ljspence] @Bronte you can check out the walkthrough in the forum for AV1 basically it would recommend going to the Western Isle and working on the quests to the south to eventually save Armaiti
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
2007 Amaranth Games, LLC