Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Riders of Arylide
Riders of Arylide
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »
Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #21
Offline   CherryWine
  Amaranthian
gold   382 Gold
Level : 18
EXP : 23
HP : 0 / 430
MP : 127 / 8174
@Miki-Car: I know what you mean about Av1. I agree. It gave me goose-bumps too. It really got under my skin. Of course that's why Amanda has to do the games that she feels driven to make. Av2 didn't have the same impact for me, and it may be that there will never be another game that grips me in quite the way that Av1 did.

Still, the only way it is going to happen is if Amanda gives herself the total creative freedom to make the games that grab her.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 11:03

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #22
Offline   snowbunnies_x
  Enchanters
gold   607 Gold
Level : 22
EXP : 82
HP : 0 / 545
MP : 207 / 10339
i really don't want to say this, but i have to now.

what is with you people complaining and whining so much about the games that are created? In the first place, do you even know how HARD it is to make a game? Try making one yourself and you'll know what i mean, You hurt Amanda's feelings!

Edit: I have clened out this post!
Soloaris

Posted on: 2008/5/15 11:37

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #23
Offline   Miki
  Amaranthian
gold   169 Gold
Level : 12
EXP : 9
HP : 0 / 277
MP : 56 / 5221
@You know what... I could... But the truth, the awful truth, is that I have no more imagination, 13 years and not a SINGLE hour of scripting lessons... SAD BUT TRUE.

Edit I have cleaned out this post!
Soloaris

Posted on: 2008/5/15 11:53
Get it, people, gaming and laptops don't go together, unless you wanna give couple a' thousand Euros... And even when you spit out that sum, you're left to stare your eyes out on a 15.4'' with poor view angles... Desktop Forever!!

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #24
Offline   aislingyngaio
  Amaranthian
gold   14299 Gold
Level : 72
EXP : 48
HP : 1787 / 1787
MP : 4710 / 33911
All right, I think we all get the point now. Everyone, please calm down before this degrades into a flaming pit.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 11:54

Visit the House of Ngaio today!
Free games, free RPG walkthroughs and more...

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #25
Offline   Pandaba
  Druids
gold   3216 Gold
Level : 44
EXP : 75
HP : 218 / 1093
MP : 1113 / 20747
We value all critiques and criticism here as long as it's constructive. Flaming other users just because you don't agree with them is unacceptable and against the forum rules.

Everyone, please respect each other's opinions and keep the posts constructive, else we may have to lock it. Thank you

Edit: oy, that's what I get for opening multiple posts in new windows x_x

Edit: I have changsed this post
Soloaris.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 12:01

~~ Vastar (RPG) - Available now! ~~

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #26
Offline   aislingyngaio
  Amaranthian
gold   14299 Gold
The topic's now been cleaned, but we'll be keeping it locked, as we've said all we have to say on the subject.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 13:16

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #27
Offline   amaranth
  Administrator
gold   1645 Gold
Level : 36
EXP : 56
HP : 177 / 889
MP : 647 / 16920
Three things to clear up:
-My feelings are not hurt. I like a good debate!
-It is okay to criticize my games. There is no rule against it. I want this site run as a democracy.
-It is not okay to personally attack each other.

I'm re-opening this thread and I want everyone to remain civil. Let's debate! What makes a good game?

For Miki:

Thought so!

I absolutely love making RPGs, but whew! When I finish one, I'm pretty much dead. Seriously... It takes a couple of months just to recover. Maybe for other people, it's easy to pop them out one after another, but for me, it's like draining a well. I need months to recover so that the well of ideas can fill up again.

So, while I'm recovering, it's fun (and healing) for me to create simple games that are non-RPG. So for the sake of my sanity, I have to mix it up.

Want to know something really funny? Grimm's Hatchery has made more than Aveyond 1 & Aveyond 2 combined. There is an audience out there, but they don't come to this site. Games like Grimm's don't bring people together the way RPGs do.

And just to give you a wicked pinch... I have been slowly planning out Aveyond 3. Te'ijal & Galahad will be back as main characters, I'm introducing a new character Mel, a girl thief. She will be the protagonist. You saw a glimpse of her in Ahirman's Prophecy (Jack's cohort). The main bad guy is a pretty tough Vampire Lord who wants to enslave the "day walkers" and blot out the sun or something. We might actually see Galahad set free, and I've got a wicked surprise at the end. Poor Vampire Lord! Ha ha ha!!!

Quote:

Miki-Car wrote:
@ all people, but reffering to Amanda:

Y'know... On course, IMO, would be a 'plotful' puzzle RPG game that would stick me to my PC for hours (or draw me to it when I' mnot palying), a game that I'll freak out trying to pass a hard part, challenging and fun... I had that kind of 'experience' with Aveyond 1. It's the only game I've ever got goosebumps playing. Not making juices potions and milkshakes...

P.S. And, yes, Grimm's Hatchery was a dissappointment...

Posted on: 2008/5/15 14:14

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #28
Offline   wybrich
  Dragon Lords
gold   2648 Gold
Level : 40
EXP : 74
HP : 198 / 993
MP : 862 / 18849
oh i love the most game as long as it isn't a game were you only must find things in a dark room are something that is a bit booring i think

Posted on: 2008/5/15 14:48

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #29
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
Level : 59
HP : 877 / 1462
MP : 2538 / 27747
Yay, no closing.

@miki: imo, none of the recent games have hit me as hard as the original Ahriman Prophecy v1. Sure they were fun, but none of them had that 'feeling'. And than I remembered why with rpgs, it's a love-hate relationship: I hate leveling up. I despise it as it's so mind numbing and takes hours to do. Especially when there seems to be little benefit for AV other than higher HP/MP capacities once you get past level 70. Perhaps others likes this mind numbing process of just getting to level 99, but I still find it tedious and evil.

Probably why I enjoyed Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time so much because there was NO mind numbing leveling. It was just quests and plot, my type of game.

Now what was the point of that? To show that people have different tastes for different games.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 14:52

Teijal's Toy

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #30
Offline   Lord_Maeglin
  Amaranthian
gold   350 Gold
Level : 17
EXP : 39
HP : 0 / 409
MP : 115 / 7740
@ All...I sort of can see where miki is coming from. I am having a little trouble myself in seeing how this game can develop a plot or storyline...however I trust that amaranth has created something good. I wish there was more about it than the picture in the linked page from the "coming soon" box (http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/ydf/)...hint...hint....Please?

Posted on: 2008/5/15 15:13

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #31
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
@lord: Not every game needs a plot/storyline to be liked. Some games like GODS have a very very simply storyline: beat up the baddies and become a god. There's absolutely no plot/character/etc. development. You're simply one dude killing various baddies to be a god. (If you heard of it, I won't feel so bad lol. It's a DOS game)

Heck, look at GH: get gold so you get to save your farm! And from what Amanda said, games like GH are in demand.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 15:20

Teijal's Toy

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #32
Offline   aislingyngaio
  Amaranthian
gold   14299 Gold
Lord_Maeglin, I agree that sometimes TM games have trouble maintaining a plot that is engaging and interesting. I myself have played so many TM games that I sometimes just stop and push away the more clone-y ones.

There are sneak peeks of YDF on Amanda's blog. You may want to check them out ^_^

Posted on: 2008/5/15 15:23

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #33
Offline   Lord_Maeglin
  Amaranthian
gold   350 Gold
Level : 17
EXP : 39
HP : 0 / 409
MP : 115 / 7740
I took a look...but I am still a little wary...perhaps there is more to it than just creating recipes and cooking. The thing with the other games Amanda created was that anyone could get into them...but this one is sort of targeted toward a certain group. IDK, I will have to see what it is before I decide

Posted on: 2008/5/15 15:28

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #34
Offline   amaranth
  Administrator
gold   1645 Gold
If you've ever wanted to know what it feels like to be a bartender or barista... that is what YDF is about. You get tickets with 1 - 6 drinks on each of them (actual writing... the same as what a bartender would see at a service station). You complete them, and earn gold and tips (gems).

I don't think there is a time management game like it out there, which is why I've kept so quiet about it. I can tell you this: I'm enjoying alpha testing it. I like it more than I liked Grimm's at this point in the dev process.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 15:52

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #35
Offline   shaz
  Administrator
gold   11565 Gold
Level : 69
EXP : 2
HP : 1700 / 1700
MP : 4028 / 32272
Amanda - that's sure a revelation that GH has made more than AV1 and AV2 combined! I'd never have guessed that!

There is a HUGE casual games audience out there that is just into games that you can pick up and put down whenever you want - that don't require a big time investment because so many just don't have the time; that don't require a lot of thinking, because they play to relax and unwind, not to get caught up in the mystery and the plot. And at the moment, time management games are the "in" thing. So whether THIS community enjoys the game or not, it's still going to be a winner.

Think of it this way - Amanda needs to spend a few months making a game this community might not embrace, in order to spend many more months making a game much more to the community's liking. The fact that Amanda LIKES making both types of games is a bonus. And the fact that the "casual audience" prefers the game that Amaranthia doesn't is a REAL bonus.

When I first played GH, I thought I'd play it once or twice and get bored. For a few weeks after I played it through daily, sometimes twice or ever three times a day. I already like what I've seen of YDF (I'd tell you, but Amanda would fire me!!!) but it's hard to compare apples and oranges, if you know what I mean. We'll just have to wait till it's out.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 17:12

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #36
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
Level : 32
EXP : 15
HP : 155 / 778
MP : 467 / 14781
Yay for not closing this topic!! I think it's interesting. After all, I think even if someone disagrees, it's no reason to shoot that person down. I agree that perhaps more tact was needed but, nevertheless, everyone is different and we have to learn to accept other people's viewpoints.

In any case, I am also hesitant about YDF since I tend to get bored with these types of games. In truth, I'm not much of a gamer overall and I tend to be mostly attracted to RPGs because it's like a story and a game combined - and I love a good story XD

But I also recognize that Amanda needs to make whatever she feels like making. I'm currently working on a collection of D.Gray-man drabbles (fanfiction) but I can't control what I want to write - an idea comes and if I like it, I have an urge to write it and it won't go away until it's typed up on Microsoft Word. So I know the feeling and it's inspiring. Besides, when people are interested in something, the product tends to be much better because the creator works so hard on it and invests so much time and effort into it to make it interesting. At least, that's what my teachers tell me

Posted on: 2008/5/15 17:28

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #37
Offline   Oracle
  Dragon Lords
gold   6523 Gold
Level : 57
EXP : 34
HP : 845 / 1408
MP : 2272 / 26729
A good game for me has a lot of puzzles to figure out before you can move forward in the game. The Aveyond games have that along with a lot of good stories.

It would be nice to have AP updated. It is a great story too. I even liked the battle engine after I got used to it.

Amandas games are my very favorite. But I also like games from The Adventure Company.(Search and find puzzles.)

Posted on: 2008/5/15 18:26

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #38
Offline   Pandaba
  Druids
gold   3216 Gold
Level : 44
EXP : 75
HP : 218 / 1093
MP : 1113 / 20747
The Adventure Comapny? They've been around since the 80s, right? I remember hearing about them a long time ago. They make a lot of great games. Most of them seem to be mystery/whodunit kind of games from what I saw on the website. I'm so terrible at mystery games! x_x

Posted on: 2008/5/15 18:44

~~ Vastar (RPG) - Available now! ~~

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #39
Offline   amaranth
  Administrator
gold   1645 Gold
For a full preview of Yummy Drink Factory, please go here:
http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=5

Posted on: 2008/5/15 21:32

Re: Yummy Drink Factory... RIGHT... #40
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
*teeters over the cliff before giving in and clicks link* Darn you, that was too tempting.

huh, interesting. Don't think I've ever played something like this, though my roomy definitely did and she liked them a lot. I'll just wait until the actual game comes out.

Posted on: 2008/5/15 21:36

Teijal's Toy

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »
      Register To Post
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!

RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Edolie
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
Sargon > 07/28 03:33:54[Sargon] Oh right, it's Sunday :/
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
2007 Amaranth Games, LLC