Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Last Dream
Last Dream
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Register To Post
« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 40 »
Re: Lars Or Dameon? #521
Offline   Heero
  Amaranthian
gold   415 Gold
Level : 15
EXP : 34
HP : 0 / 358
MP : 89 / 5519
I agree with Sandstorms.

For me, Dameon seemed to appear out of nowhere & suddenly offer to join Rhen. I think that the storyline would go on perfectly without him. I think a person whose mother killed his father, might think of killing her or toturing her, not the whole wide world! He fell in love with Rhen from the first sight which seemed to me unexpected & unlogical. He didn't have much of a role in the game except when he was with Ahriman at the begininng, then at the end.

For me, their love story seemed like this: Rhen a peasant who used to live her life peacefully, was mistaken for a priestess, kidnapped & turned into a slave. All because of a mysterious Dameon who seemed to be a mysterious villain! Then the story goes on & Rhen starts saving the druids. After she saves the druid of darkness, Dameon appears at the temple in Aveyond! Rhen talks to him & he seems to be much fallen for her. He even asks to join her, which is really unexpected! I thought he would be a spy for Ahriman, but he wasn't, (or he didn't look like a spy to me!) Then he tells her his mother's story. During this whole time only Dameon seemed to love Rhen & for no reason! I even thought he was trying to trick her. Then they save all the other druids & he helps to open the room of the sword of shadows!! Seriously?? He is supposedly with Ahriman, why in the world would he do this? Then when they reach Ahriman, he decides to join him & tries to tempt Rhen to do so too. Didn't he just open the room to the sword of shadows?? Now he is joinig Ahriman?! Then he discovers that Ahriman is a bad guy by the fairy dust, as if it wasn't pretty obvious??! He seemed to me like a silly, hypocrite, schezophrenic guy! I don't know, maybe i'm too harsh on him! But that's how i feel. Without him, or rather without his "love for Rhen" part, i guess the story would have been more realistic, more logical! If Rhen fell in love with Lars, it would have been better. Lars was with her from the very beginning. & he apologised to her for all his rudeness. I'm not so into RhenxLars relation ship but i think it would have been better. Anyway, that's just the thought of a lil vampire

Just a question: Should i type this post in white for spoilers? Still not used to the way things work here

Posted on: 2009/9/28 10:03

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #522
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2970 Gold
Level : 43
EXP : 66
HP : 213 / 1066
MP : 1040 / 21230
Don't use so many exclamation marks, they're painful to the eyes.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 10:05

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #523
Offline   Heero
  Amaranthian
gold   415 Gold
lol! Me loves using them! Ok Ok, but what do i use instead?

Posted on: 2009/9/28 10:08

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #524
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2970 Gold
Full stops. Like this. "."

Posted on: 2009/9/28 10:10

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #525
Offline   Heero
  Amaranthian
gold   415 Gold
Me edited her last post & tried to remove some of them, couldn't remove them all, though! Don't exclamation marks look better?? They have a line & a dot, unlike the fullstops that have only dots! Oops Me used another exclamation mark again! & yet another one. Seems me would take a long time till me gets used to it.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 10:21

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #526
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2970 Gold

Posted on: 2009/9/28 10:31

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #527
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
Level : 59
EXP : 48
HP : 877 / 1462
MP : 2538 / 29186
@heero: I would read that except it really hurts my eyes when it's simply a big paragraph with no spaces O_o!!!

Teh Space bar is your friend.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 12:59

Teijal's Toy

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #528
Offline   Heero
  Amaranthian
gold   415 Gold
I tried to widen the spaces between the words & i tried to distribute it into paragraphs. However, me still thinks that the exclamation mark is the best! The space is invisible. I guess someone can set a punctuation poll to see which wins. Me will vote for the exclamation mark!

Posted on: 2009/9/28 13:16

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #529
Offline   sandstorm1998
  Amaranthian
gold   383 Gold
Level : 17
EXP : 82
HP : 0 / 420
MP : 121 / 6977
@KTC: about your 100 ppl to save 1000 ppl thing, thats not what happened. it was 1 person to save alot.

if it were somebody i really loved, no, i would not do it. thats why talia was very brave and unselfish to do it, and that is why dameon should appreciate his mother for her braveness and try to be more like her, less selfish, and maybe learn to try for a bit of nobleness.

for the "get over it" thing, true, it is hard to get over the fact that you'll never see your dad again. however, apparently, life goes on. life and reality doesnt stop at the death of one person. so dameon should just pick himself up and move on.

O.o he exploded into a pile of ashes? where did you get that from?

Posted on: 2009/9/28 14:25

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #530
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
@sandstorm:

See? If it was someone you loved a lot, you might/might not do it. Dameon obviously did not think Talia did the right thing. Also, we do not know if Talia even loved the father. For all we know, it might have merely been a marriage of convenience with an heir to boot. (Also, I find it sketchy that Talia would get it on with an obvious Ahriman supporter. I mean, seriously, there are plenty of fish in the sea and you went for HIM? Why?! *facepalm*)

Get over it: See, its easy for US to say it cuz we're NOT in that situation. Its extremely easy for us as outsiders to say how things should be because we're not directly experiencing whatever. But for the ones actually going through the motions? It ain't. Some people NEVER get over their trauma. *points at hydrophobic ppl with traumatic water experiences*

ashes: no idea, sounded more funny. XD

@heero: tried reading your post, and didn't get far. So *shrugs*

Posted on: 2009/9/28 15:55

Teijal's Toy

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #531
Offline   sandstorm1998
  Amaranthian
gold   383 Gold
@KTC: "dameon obviously thought talia did not do the right thing." excactly. that just proves that he is stupid and ignorant.

i dont think talia married dameon's dad when she knew he was a ahriman supporter. i mean, why would she? you said it, there ARE plenty of fish in the sea. so why choose him? because of some reason we might not know. and just because we might not know doesnt mean there is no reason.

and who are you to say that we are NOT in that situation? i mean, you could say that YOU arent in that situation, but you cant say WE because you dont know anything about MY situation. tactlessness, see?

Posted on: 2009/9/28 16:47

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #532
Offline   KTC
  The Brotherhood
gold   7518 Gold
@sandstorm:

Not exactly, it just means that Dameon values his father more than his mother obviously.
Also, stupid and ignorant are two very different words which I find amusing you're using in the same sentence. Its perfectly alright to be ignorant as everyone is ignorant about something. For example, I'm entirely ignorant about human women mysterious ways of gossip/shopping/sisterhood/etc. Seriously, they are a most complicated creature to analyze from a logical perspective, even harder than trying to find the answer to life. O_o;;;

Stupid is amusing in itself since dameon shows he's not stupid, merely emotional. He never got caught by the group as a spy, and he's able to remember spells and use them correctly when in an situation. If he was stupid, he would have been caught in the first place and/or killed by a monster because he forgot a spell.

Talia: darn woman. If you just killed Ahriman in the first place, this whole situation could have been avoided. But no, you had to act like a teenager and go party BEFORE you check the situation. Silly girl (and your willing groupies).

Situation: you're not understanding my comment which has been about Dameon. We are not in DAMEON'S situation specifically. We're only speaking about it as outsiders. Regardless of YOUR or MY situation, we're not going through HIS. We see it from a global outside perspective in which we KNOW what's gonna happen and who's what.

Disclaimer: I am not dissing women. I just find them very hard to understand O_o;;

Posted on: 2009/9/28 20:26

Teijal's Toy

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #533
Offline   sandstorm1998
  Amaranthian
gold   383 Gold
@KTC: who says ignorant and stupid cant both be dameon?

if dameon must value a follower of ahriman who kills alot of ppl more than somebody who doesnt want the world to be destroyed and is trying to prevent it, that just proves he is either evil or mentally affected. and personally, i think both are really bad descriptions that suit dameon.

rhen shouldnt marry somebody evil or mentally affected. she should marry lars, who is not evil not mentally affected.

i dont know why you're complaining about talia. if she DID actually defeat ahriman then there would be no AV1 to play, and rhen would eventually turn into queen on thais effortlessly and perhaps dameonlessly. so, you're right. if talia defeated ahriman, then rhen would have never met dameon and we'd all be happy.

you're right, we arent in HIS situation. and "we" means me and you. so what do YOU know about his situation? you've never been in it, so how do you know its so hard to bear? for all we know, he could have hated his father, and everything could just be acting. that again suggests that his brain might have suffered damage.

women? even though i am one, i dont get them either. shopping? make-up? why bother? heck, i dont even know how to put on make-up properly!

Posted on: 2009/9/28 21:10

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #534
Offline   smirksweetly
  Amaranthian
gold   145 Gold
Level : 10
EXP : 97
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 4023
Whoa. This topic's still alive! Several Aveyonds later and the Lars/Dameon rivalry is still up and running. Never fails to provide me amusement XD

And I'm still a Lars fan.

@KTC: Still having fun picking apart *both* Lars and Dameon supporters' comments?

@Sandstorm: I think using 'stupid' and 'ignorant' are...a bit too harsh. Sure, I don't like Dameon, me and my friends get our laughs just mentioning his name, but let's not try to degrade his character. On the issue that Dameon was played by Ahriman like a fiddle, I agree with KTC - he's being emotional about his father getting trumped by his mom. He's ignorant of Ahriman's true nature/purpose and/or consequences of his actions (or choose to turn a blind eye to it, I guess - haven't played AV1 for too long) the same way Rhen is ignorant of him conspiring with Ahriman. We know little of Dameon's family dynamics, so we can't say for sure what made the guy side his dad more, but I guess it's there. Dameon's prime motive is revenge, and we know how it blinds and twists people. I won't say it's outright stupid, that's just mean. If you have a family member who gets murdered, wouldn't the thought of revenge cross your mind at some point? In Dameon's case though, it blinded him, leading him to Ahriman...and well, AV1 events.

If Dameon is outright evil, not even fairy dust would've made him turn away from Ahriman. If he is truly evil in the mold of Ahriman, he would be doing all this conniving for the sake of destruction and evulz (ahemtvtropesahem). Like Kefka, or something. Dameon's drive for siding with the Big Bad is revenge stemming from his (apparently) misguided view of things. He's not evil, he's misguided (or misinformed). I think someone already made a point of it here.

Lars isn't evil, but I certainly say he's flawed (and I love him for it), just like Damo. Notice his bratty attitude at the start? Irritating. But he changed. He apologized to Rhen, he learned to get along with commoners - and I guess therein lies the strength of his appeal (other than having an, ahem, more conventional hairstyle). But I'm betting that some players found him 'evil' at the start.

Brain damage...um...sorry, but I think that's a bit...shallow of an explanation for Damo's actions. If Damo's really schnizophrenic or off his rocker, I think we should've seen him degenerate into something far worse. Like Joker. Or Kefka (geez, you can see my FF fangirlishness now). And the characters would've said something about it.

KTC's Talia 'rant' should be taken from...how should I say it...'a practical point of view'? Yes, mundanely speaking, without Talia's apparent oversight of not checking whether Ahriman is truly dead or not, there wouldn't be any AV1. But! If we're going to be genre-savvy/realistic/practical/smart about our actions, Talia *should've* double-checked her victory. It's the Big Bad we're talking about! Can we be *too* cautious about it?

Never thought I'll be defending Damo, but...well, gotta give the guy a bit of justice. And woo, what a *treatise* )

Posted on: 2009/9/30 13:22

Thanks for making them live!
I'm also Purkles on dA

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #535
Offline   TrueShadow
  Amaranthian
gold   245 Gold
EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 356
MP : 88 / 5560
I agree with above. Dameon isn't evil, just blinded by his hatred for Talia. But that hatred makes him do extreme things. And sandstrom might be right, he's a bit kind of stupid. Hate someoe and want to make her suffer? A bit extreme, but still tolerable. Joining an obviously evil demon and destroying the whole world in the process? No, thanks.

But then, when he joined Rhen to convince her to join the dark side, the opposite thing happened. He's the one being convinced to the good side by Rhen, because of him falling in love with her (Power of Love, Yay!).

Dameon at the end is different from Dameon at the start. He grew from being a hate-blinded guy to a not-so-blinded guy from traveling (and falling in love) with Rhen. Yeah, he's still a bit dumb. So you've kinda got over your hatred for your mom but still think to join Ahriman? And actually still trying to convince Rhen? Like that would work. Isn't at this point, he has no reason to join Ahriman anyway?

My point is that Dameon's not really evil, just dumb.

Posted on: 2009/10/1 7:16

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #536
Offline   smirksweetly
  Amaranthian
gold   145 Gold
@TrueShadow: Off topic, but I like what's on your siggy spot. XDD

Posted on: 2009/10/1 11:01

I'm also Purkles on dA

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #537
Offline   TrueShadow
  Amaranthian
gold   245 Gold
EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 356
MP : 88 / 5560
Oops, I've changed it just right before I read your message. What irony.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 4:51

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #538
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2970 Gold
I say that Dameon's an idiot.

I mean, he did all those horrible things - and the retribution in the end? Becoming king and married to Rhen. -_- Quite unjust, you think?

Posted on: 2009/10/2 8:51

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #539
Offline   eveleny
  Amaranthian
gold   639 Gold
Level : 18
EXP : 21
HP : 0 / 430
MP : 127 / 7243
And I'm back to support Dameon. I' too lazy to read all the posts above but if someone's wnts to fight the fact that Dameon is better, he/she'll have to write their argument again!!!! And in short!!

Posted on: 2009/10/2 9:13

I'm a baker in training!!!
Visit: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6995&start=20
to j...

Re: Lars Or Dameon? #540
Offline   smirksweetly
  Amaranthian
gold   145 Gold
@Kirroha: There's no justice in Aia. XDD

Hmmm, I say I would've liked it better if he had been dumped by Rhen. It would be like payback for all the things he'd done. XD

Posted on: 2009/10/2 12:38

I'm also Purkles on dA

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 40 »
      Register To Post
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4
Stargazer

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
Sargon > 11/28 02:34:16[Sargon] Oh it's thanks giving or something
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
2007 Amaranth Games, LLC