Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Memories of A Vagabond
Memories of A Vagabond
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 24 »
The Fight for Independence -RP (open spots) #1
Offline   Mae
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1174 Gold
Level : 30
EXP : 36
HP : 146 / 734
MP : 405 / 14085
A foreign goverment rules your homeland, but living in a small village far from the Capital you have no interest in the politics of your country. Until one day, a man with a young girl shows up in the village, telling everyone that war is at hand and all must fight to save their beloved land. Nationalism has just arrived. Do you stay behind and live your life as before, hoping that nothing will change for the worse? Or do you follow this man to a fate unknown with little hope of ever returning?

THE WORLD:

Antasia
A powerful nation that has conquered half of the known world. The conquered lands have autonomy in theory, but large taxes are expected from them. Governed by King James V.

Guerra
An independent country. The neighbour of Nimina.

Nimina
A small nation under Antasia's rule. Was independent until 50 years ago when Queen Saranda II of Nimina signed a peace treaty with King James IV of Antasia, resulting unexpectedly in a takeover of power.
Grada
A small village (100 inhabitants) in Nimina. The setting of the first events in this RP.
Salie
The nearest town to Grada. 5000 inhabitants.
Nurme
The capital of Nimina. 20'000 inhabitants.
Halma
The former capital of Nimina, now a city in ruins. It used to be the centre of Niminian civilization, with libraries and theatres and paved streets, a very rich city.

There are other towns and villages that may come up during the RP.

Map made by Aeternus (with some additions by Mae)
Open in new window

HISTORY:
Niminians have lived in the area for millenia and the records go back 1700 years during which time a single family has ruled over Nimina mostly in peace.

As mentioned above, Nimina was an independent nation until 50 years ago when Antasians took rule of the country. The takeover was supposedly peaceful, but rumours have escaped of the so-called Great Massacres, where all the nobility of Nimina were annihilated. The Great Massacres are now a public secret, and those who speak of them in public, are likely to be thrown in jail or executed by the Antasians. The public version is that the nobility were transported to Antasia and live on as Antasians, and so betrayed their own nation. There are some who think it true.

THE SOCIETY:
Classes
Nobilty
All that still live are in hiding from the foreign government that has persecuted them since they came to power over Nimina. Two members of the Royal Family has also been rumoured to have survived the Great Massacres, but no one knows for sure whether this is true, or if they ever had children.
Politicians
This group has been annihilated by the Antasians and time. Were in the past selected by the people.
Merchants
The highest and richest class in Nimina today. They live in towns and cities.
Workers
Farmers, servants, teachers (not many children go to school, only merchants' children), etc.
The rest, a.k.a. classless, a.k.a. undesirables
Beggars, rebel-rousers, murderers, thieves, etc. They have no rights as they pay no taxes.

Currency
1 Gold=10 Silver=100 Copper
Most workers earn 30-40 gold a year, farmers even less (about 20 a year). Merchants can have fortunes of tens of thousands of gold, but in smaller towns they earn about 300-400 gold a year. Half of all income goes to Antasia as tax, for farmers the taxes are higher, as part of the crop is also shipped to Antasia.

THE STORY

Dragar and Talei arrive at Grada. They recruit some twenty people to go to Halma with them (eventually to war against Antasian rule). The group makes its way to Salie, a nearby town and are followed by a Gradan boy, Sam. Sam is then sent back to Grada by Dragar. Dragar leaves the group to go to Salie. The rest train for combat.

The Antasian General Haldergard in Nurme apparently has spies all across the country, one very close to Dragar's group. He has found out Dragar's name and has sent a team to capture (or kill) him. The team is lead by a man named Rustig, whose favourite hobby apparently is to torture people. Which is what he's done in Grada, along with killing the boy named Sam and a woman. The tavern keeper in Grada lied about the villager group's destination. Miryam went to warn the villagers and has met up with the group near Salie.

In Salie, there is an old woman who likes to be called Aunt Hilda by everyone, and a young merchant's daughter named Hana. Aunt Hilda knows Dragar and Talei from before.

A girl named Katie has been sent to gather all the Salie rebels to meet up with the Gradans outside town.

In Nurme, general Haldergard has had more reports of rebel movements, including Dragar and Talei.

If you wish to join this RP, please pm me with your character details, including home town/village, class and whether s/he'd choose to fight or stay. That way I will have a better picture of where to take this RP. Note that this takes place in an undeveloped country where industrialization hasn't happened. Think 1850's. There is no magic in this world, but there can be herbalists or such that may be labelled witches (but it would not generally be a good thing to be labelled a witch).

Also, if you have any questions, please pm me. And yes, you can join this RP even though it has already started.

Players in this RP:

Mizzou
Marian_Frae
Aeternus
Rena (?)
Everace
PokeGal
Oracle
KitKaty

Posted on: 2008/8/13 7:25

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #2
Offline   Mae
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1174 Gold
The Road, 5 miles from Grada

Dragar looked at Talei. "We ought to arrive at a village in a few hours. Then it begins. We will stay there for a week. You will have plenty of chances to practice your archery. But I need you to start carrying this at all times." He hands a dagger to her. "We will begin practicing to use it tomorrow. Never let anyone know that you have it before it's too late for them." He looks at her his eyes full of emotion; concern and fear, and love.

Posted on: 2008/8/16 11:55

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #3
Offline   Lrcy333
  Dragon Lords
gold   1491 Gold
Level : 32
EXP : 53
HP : 157 / 788
MP : 481 / 14296
Madazen looked into the sky above him while sharpening his arrows. He could feel war coming with unsettling breeze. Madazen never liked war. war brought death, hatred, and destuction. The inoccent were sometimes even killed by war and Madazen never liked looking at that. Madazen looked back down at his arrows, they were silver and glowed with the sun. He wiped them clean with a cloth and went on to oiling his recurve bow. His recurve bow was rusted from overuse, it was a special bow, made from oak and ivory then covered in iron. The srtings of his recurve bow was made from hide and woven into strings as hard metal. This gave him more accuracy but the speed of a recurve bow wasnt that fast, it was preety slow in fact. Madazen finally finished cleaning and oiling his bow. He put the arrows into an open case that was attached to his backpack. He had a belt pouch as well tied firmly to his belt. Madazen usually hutned for food and was an expert with plants especially herbs. He knew he couldn't stay in Grada for long with war coming. He was to avoid it and flee but this time he would fight even if it costed him his life.

Posted on: 2008/8/16 12:35

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #4
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
EXP : 15
HP : 155 / 778
MP : 467 / 14943
There was a sharp screech in the air as a golden eagle swooped down on an unsuspecting robin, killing it instantly and snatching it up in its talons. Crying out in celebration of its success, the eagle circled in the clear blue sky a few times before descending quickly down to the ground, where a dark-haired woman waited on her chestnut-coloured stallion, holding out her arm where the eagle landed.

The young woman named Vega narrowed her violet eyes and wrinkled her nose as she realized what was being held in Altair's sharp beak. "Did you have to bring that along? Either eat it quickly or drop it somewhere for the wild animals to find. I'm not carrying that around with us."

With that, she lifted her other hand to shoo the eagle off her arm but then realized there was a small scroll tied to the eagle's leg. Vega tore it off, reading it quickly before stopping at the side of the road to burn it, allowing the ashes to be carried off by the wind. According to the letter, she would be receiving a mission soon and she was to prepare.

She checked her position and the time of day from the sky, carefully comparing the geography to the roughly-sketched map she carried with her. According to the map, there was a small village called Grada nearby. She'd have to stop by there and pick up some supplies.

----------------------------------------------------

"I haven't seen ya around 'ere before. You new?" the vendor in Grada asked, raising a bushy eyebrow.

Vega pretended to examine an apple as she eyed the vendor's coin purse tied to his belt. Flicking the apple back into its basket to join the rest of its kind with disinterest, she pointed towards bunch of bananas hanging on a long rope behind him and said, "I'm a traveller just passing through to pick up some supplies before I continue on my way. May I look at those, please?"

The vendor nodded and turned around to pluck one of the bunches of bananas from the rope. As he did so, Vega skillfully untied the coin purse from the vendor's belt in a way so that he barely felt anything. After swiftly stowing away the coin purse, which felt promisingly heavy, into her own bag, she also took the chance to swipe a few apples and apricots as the vendor struggled to undo a knot in the string holding the bananas to the rope. She stood innocently as if nothing had happened when the vendor turned back, handing her the bananas for inspection.

Vega turned the bananas in her hands, pretending to be interested in them ut then returned them. "I've changed my mind. I guess I thought I wanted some fruit but I don't really feel like it anymore. Sorry for taking up your time," she said, trying to sound apologetic.

The vendor murmured something polite in return, even though she could tell he was a little peeved, but she left anyway with a small, smug smirk on her face. He wouldn't realize he was missing his money until she was further into town and by then, it would be too late to get it back.

Posted on: 2008/8/16 17:00

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #5
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
Level : 37
EXP : 7
HP : 180 / 901
MP : 671 / 17295
I'm so damn bored Rokku thought as he took his usual walking around the small village of Grada. He has lived there his whole life, and the same thing happens almost everyday.
Unchangeable things are boring. Things that always stays the same.
Right, it's so boring here I could die

Posted on: 2008/8/17 5:38

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #6
Offline   MarianFrae
  Enchanters
gold   2532 Gold
Level : 40
EXP : 83
HP : 199 / 995
MP : 867 / 19105
I took the dagger and examined it carefully before nodding and placing it in my boot. I would have to find a better place for it later... but at the moment, I didn't have a hidden hilt. I wanted to object... but I'd learned that what Dragar said was usually best... especially when he looked at me like that. I was old enough now to realize when I was in danger, but his face had a way of driving it home to my core. Absentmindedly, I stroked the feathery ends of my arrows with pride. They were something I couldn't live without... I think I would even disobey Dragar if he told me to go without them. I made them and, besides Dragar, they've been my only constant- my only "home"- for almost as long as I can remember. "What are we doing... exactly in this village? You keep saying 'it will begin' but you always fail to mention what 'it' is." My brow furrowed and I watched him careful out of the corner of my eye.

Posted on: 2008/8/17 9:29

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #7
Offline   Mae
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1174 Gold
The Road, outside Grada

Dragar fixed his dark eyes on Talei. Your life, my dear. And I'm afraid that you will leave me by the end of it all, he thought. She had been with him for many years now, nearly half his own life, and he loved her like a daughter. Unfortunately, that sometimes put him in a difficult position with what he believed was best for the country. Now was one of those times. He was to lead them to war. He said none of this out loud, though. It was too painful.

"I have had instructions to start gathering forces for the rebellion. We'll start here, in this remote village. Others have gone to other places. We must convince the people to fight for their land, because if they won't, there will be no land to fight for, before long. The Antasians are strengthening their hold of Nimina. They have tripled the taxes in the last five years, they are killing off men, and doing unspeakable things to women and children... But you know all of this already. I just become very angry and frustrated when I think about what they're doing to this beautiful land and its people."

He took her hand and looked her straight in the eyes. "You are very special... to me, and it is for you that I fight, not just my country. In you lies the future. I must convince others to fight for our youth as well."

The village was drawing near. Dragar saw the first farm from afar. Not yet. It's too soon. He fought back tears that would have filled his eyes, were he not in control of his emotions. "I have changed my mind. We won't go to the village until tomorrow. We'll camp here for tonight. And it's a good time for us to see how you handle that dagger."

Posted on: 2008/8/17 10:19

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #8
Offline   Lrcy333
  Dragon Lords
gold   1491 Gold
Madazen noticed Rokku down the street and walked toward him. "bored again, arent ya?" Madazen asked but then he whispered to Rokku, "War is coming, keep alert." With that Madazen walked off toward the bar tavern, even if the village of Grada was small, they still had a bar tavern. Madazen drake cups of ale after ale. he felt like this was his last day in Grada so he kept drinking ale and sighed. whaa..tt iisss tooo co...me . Madazen thought drowsily from all that ale. then he sighed once more and kept drinking.

Posted on: 2008/8/17 13:57

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #9
Offline   Rena
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1412 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 51
HP : 152 / 762
MP : 444 / 14633
I looked around, scowling. I was forever away from home, in this stupid little town with a quarter of the people as Nurme. I shook my head.

I just could not believe that Daddy actually sent me out here. And why? Just because I didn't go to school every day like I was supposed to. Or, really, every week. But you know what? None of the peasants go to school either. They can go out with their friends whenever they want to. It's not fair. I have for money than they do, so why are they still in their hometowns? "Stupid little town," I muttered angrily. "What am I supposed to do here?"

I am the only child of a wealthy merchant, his little angel. Know what that means? That I'm used to better than this... This... Ugh.

Posted on: 2008/8/17 16:06

Story time? That's cool.

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #10
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
Rokku frowned when he heard what Madazen needs to whisper to him. 'War is coming, keep alert' eh? He though. He's somewhat ready for it, but since nothing has happened so far, what's the problem with getting bored?
Rokku took his cigarette and lit it up.

Posted on: 2008/8/17 20:32

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #11
Offline   Mizzou
  Dragon Lords
gold   2293 Gold
Level : 38
EXP : 71
HP : 188 / 942
MP : 752 / 16745
((Mae, I changed my character's name))

Miryam stared out her window at her poor farm. It's been going down hill since her husband died two years ago. Her family wanted her to move to Nurme with them but she was determined to stay there and make a living with the farm. Unfortunately, the crops have been failing. Luckly, Miryam has been able to use her healing skills to make a meager living.

She's determined to stay and make the farm work just to prove her family wrong but with the rumors of wars she is unsure if it is safe to stay in Grada.

Posted on: 2008/8/17 23:47

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #12
Offline   MarianFrae
  Enchanters
gold   2532 Gold
I frowned slightly, something was brewing... something more than the coming war... and I had a feeling neither of us were going to like it. Dragar was becoming more and more brooding every mile we closed in on the little village. All too glad he'd found a way to distract us, I eagerly retrieved the dagger from my boot and took our usual sparring stance. "Alright, teach me something. I'm more than willing to learn tonight."

Posted on: 2008/8/18 16:45

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #13
Offline   Lrcy333
  Dragon Lords
gold   1491 Gold
Madazen forgot about the war as he exited the tavern. He was drunk and intoxicated. Madazen decided to train a bit.

Walking out of the village he came to some wooden posts which he used as targets. Madazen decided to wait to train till he was no longer intoxicated. Madazen sat down on the grass and took out a brown bottle from his backpack. This bottle contained liquid of different (mostly bitter) raw herbs that crushed into powder and dissolved. The liquid in the bottle was also water and citrus. This was what he used to remove intoxicaton. Madazen sip the liquid slowly then put it back into his backpack. He sighed, taking his recurve bow and a piercing arrow he shot with the hightest accuracy and split halfway threw the wooden post. Madazen shighed again, taking his shortbow this time and a regular arrow he shot at a different post. It his directly in the middle like usual (note that these wooden posts are made of oak) .

Madazen sighed once more and put everything away. He started to walk back, as soon as that he saw someone coming down the rode.

Posted on: 2008/8/18 17:09

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #14
Offline   Mae
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1174 Gold
Outside Grada

Laughing, Dragar drew his own dagger from behind his back and took the sparring stance. Suddenly, his senses sharpened. "Put your dagger away. Someone's coming." He said to Talei, while hiding away his own dagger, but making sure he could reach it if the need arose.

"Hail, stranger," he called out. "We are travellers from afar and need a place to stay. Can you direct us?"

Nurme

General Haldergard is a stout man. His posture is rigid and his eyes are piercing. All in all, this military general drew fear from all that saw him. This time, it was a communications Lieutenant that was cowering in his presence. He had just handed a message to the General, and was hoping that it was good news.

Haldergard opened the roll. It read thus
"General Haldergard,
Received your message yesterday afternoon and have stopped at a small village called Grada to pick up supplies. Am currently awaiting your next orders. Send via the usual way.
- Vulture"
His eyes narrowed. The Lieutenant shivered. Haldergard took out a pen and wrote down a short message with sharp moves: "Do not put down names in messages. Have the rebels been there yet? Find out."

"Send this the same way the other one came," he barked at the Lieutenant.

The Lieutenant took the message and scurried away.

Salie

An old woman stood at the door to her home. She was bent and fragile-looking, with a shawl thrown over her round back. She stared as the girl entered the town muttering angrily. Is this the girl from Nurme? My grand-niece? She called out to the girl. "What is your name, child?"

Posted on: 2008/8/19 5:27

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #15
Offline   theAdept_Rogue
  Dragon Lords
gold   2010 Gold
Rokku took the cigarette out from his mouth and tossed it away. He then headed home to take his weapon to train.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 7:22

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #16
Offline   Aeternus
  Dragon Lords
gold   1442 Gold
EXP : 15
HP : 155 / 778
MP : 467 / 14943
Vega was in a bad mood. First of all, the news she had gotten was irritating - it meant trouble ahead, not so much for other people for her. Couldn't these bastards just leave her alone? Obviously not, even all the way out here in rural Grada. Second, she hadn't had much sleep in the last few days and she was tired. But being an insomniac was tough, especially when you wanted to sleep but couldn't. And lastly, Grada was so small, it only had one dinky little tavern. Pushing the open the tavern's door irritably, she silently hoped that at least the drinks were good (even though she had her doubts). She wished she were back in Nurme where there were dozens of good taverns around, especially if you knew where to look.

Still, despite her foul mood, Vega couldn't help but notice some of the tavern's occupants whispering to each other. Curiosity overwhelmed her and she pricked up her ears, listening intently but also pretending to be minding her own business. While passing by, she picked up words like "war" and "conscription" amongst others. Many looked concerned. Then again, thought Vega, half of these people are probably drunk anyway.

Sighing, she sat herself at one of the stools at the bartender's counter, pounded at the counter's surface impatiently and said, "Give me a shot of something good!"

Posted on: 2008/8/19 23:56

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #17
Offline   Lrcy333
  Dragon Lords
gold   1491 Gold
The birds kept chirping. Madazen looked at the travelers for a minute. They look unusual, not like the average person you would find everyday. Being that they are not like the average travelers they are probably armed. I know they can see my arrows and my two bows so are they thinking I am an enemy or an average hunter. Hmmm.... if they knew I was an archer what would they do? I think I should not tell them I am an archer or different thoughts may come to thier minds like do i work for the army or so. If they thought that then they must know about the war thats coming.

Madazen thought, then he started to reply to the travelers. "I can direct you to the tavern. You can lodge there or you can come with me to my cottage. Its fresh oak, I just built it a month ago. Anyway I have three extra rooms in my cottage. You are very welcome to stay." Madazen started walking into the village then turned his head around and looked at the travelers, "You coming?"

Posted on: 2008/8/20 0:16

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #18
Offline   Rena
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1412 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 51
HP : 152 / 762
MP : 444 / 14633
((Hey! It's Vega! Last time I saw her, she was trying to kill me...))

I looked up to see and old and rather decrepit looking old woman talking to me. "I'm Hana. Hana Mebern. Why?"

Posted on: 2008/8/20 1:04

Story time? That's cool.

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #19
Offline   MarianFrae
  Enchanters
gold   2532 Gold
I quickly took in everything about the fellow traveler. He didn't seem too imposing, but he did seem uneasy- wary about something... and the bows looked slightly above what most hunters have. All in all, I labeled him as a possible threat- more than others but quietly smiled at him before turning to Dragar for a decision.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 11:46

Re: The Fight for Independence -RP #20
Offline   Mae
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1174 Gold
Grada

Dragar quickly looked at Talei, she was smiling at the man. He knew her well enough to interpret the signs, there was no deeper interest. But it would be better to stay at a tavern. He turned his eyes to the man, quickly estimating him. There was something to hide. But then again, most people have something to hide. The smell of alcohol hit Dragar. Yes, it would be better to stay at a tavern.

"I thank you for your kind offer, but we would stay at a tavern. So if you could direct us to one, it would be most appreciated. And there is a matter of great importance that I must discuss with the villagers. That may wait until tomorrow, it is getting late and I and my companion have travelled far. We need our rest. Could you help us summon the people of the village tomorrow?"

He waited for the man to answer.

Salie

The old woman looked at Hana curiously, investigating her. "Yes, your father sent word that you would be coming. He calls me Aunt Hilda. You may do so, too. He asked me to take care of you. You may help me around the shop, I am getting old, and it is difficult to manage it on my own. Will you come in for a cup of tea?" The old woman turned and opened the door. She walked in. "Aren't you coming?" she cried out to Hana.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 14:27

(1) 2 3 4 ... 24 »
      Register To Post
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
ljspence > 08/20 09:28:57[ljspence] yay Edolie is released
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
2007 Amaranth Games, LLC