Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Memories of A Vagabond
Memories of A Vagabond
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »
When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #1
Offline   MoonPrincess
  Druids
gold   4827 Gold
Level : 52
EXP : 3
HP : 510 / 1275
MP : 1707 / 24437
*sigh* .... what a terrible way to start a thread with a sigh -_-'

I never thought that I'll be one of those people that post personal life problems and ask help on forums...but here I am

As some of you know, I'm a nurse and I've been changing jobs like nuts (because I couldn't find my place through the medical options and hospitals in my country). I've been working in comma center - which is an intensive and postoperative care for neurosurgery and things were going great...well not that great because they were paying too little but I loved my job, and I always believe that if you love your job nothing else is important, so I was kinda happy and satisfied. I fell in love there...well I never really had high hopes for both of us but things were starting to go great. He's a shy guy but he did start to get familiar with me etc. So yeah I was happy that he payed attention to me...

There's a co-worker of his (ironically he shares the first name with the guy I'm in love with -_-' that nobody liked. Others were saying only plain "hello" and nothing else and they were talking nasty things behind his back. I kinda felt sorry about that guy, he seemed lonely so I decided to try and communicate with him. He was surprised since like I said nobody else talks with him..I mean they say really idiotic things like "he's stupid", "he's a moron"... things that I don't approve.

The first thing he said was "I know you're in love with...." and I asked "How do you know?" and he was "I've been watching you all the time since you got here"

Ok maybe it doesn't sound creepy when you read it but it did to me when I heard it. I thought that maybe this guy will think that I like him as a man so that's why I'm talking to him so just in case I said "Good...now you know that I actually like someone"

The time was passing by and everyday that guy was more and more pushy. At first he was just talking...I thought that maybe he's just happy to have someone to talk at work so I was glad...but after some time he begun to hug me...I wanted to believe again that he's happy to have a friend...since he knew that I already like someone and since I didn't really give him any reason to believe otherwise...but just in case I always pushed him and said "pls don't hug me"...but he never stopped...that's why after sometime instead of being polite with him (because again I thought he means that polite means that I like him) I started to get pretty aggressive while saying...or should I say yelling "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO NOT HUG ME" and that kind of yelling things..I thought that if I act like a jerk he'll finally stop and leave me alone... but, nooooo....instead of stopping he begun to even touch me and pretend it was an accident...well I wasn't very polite when he was doing that...I'd always slap him in his face....

...after sometime the guy that I liked begun to keep himself on a distance from me and I heard of some affairs that I've been dating the guy that I actually was trying to be his friend...the next time I saw him I yelled in his face "I NEVER WANT TO SPEAK WITH YOU AGAIN"...

You know what happened next day?

He showed all smiley and said "You were nervous yesterday...hey I don't have you number..can you give it to me?"

"NO!!!"- I said - "There's no reason for you to have my number!"

...and instead of giving up he was pushy as always and he asked me to go on a date with him.... I told him "NO!".

"Ok,if you are not free these days how about next week?"...I mean could you believe this guy -_-'

"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! I'LL NEVER GO OUT WITH YOU! I DON'T LIKE YOU!!"- I yelled in his face like a total freak...

Not too long after that I started to get pretty much pissed because I was working 18 and 24 hours and my payment was so small, as I said I loved the job , but I couldn't enjoy it because this guy was following me like a puppy...it seemed that nothing I said got into his head...so I left.

I found a better one fast (thank to all of those contacts I made during the time I spend there since many known doctors were satisfied with my work as a nurse) and I like it very much but that guy find me on facebook -_-'

He was acting nice and I thought that maybe finally he started to bug me again...so I put him on ignore list. The psycho start to make new and new profiles and write me messages....I forbid him that and he started to bug my friends...

Seriously I'm on the edge...I know that this is probably nothing serious but it makes me pretty frustrated the thing that I can't do anything to stop him...

Any advice is welcomed and thanks for reading the long and stupid post -_-'

Moony

Posted on: 2011/9/4 18:25
"No matter what others say, you must never lose pride in being a woman. Even when you're standing on the same stage as men, don't change yourself to be like them. As a woman, do the things that men can't." - Kochou(Saiunkoku Monogatari)

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #2
Offline   Ashen_Eclipse
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1047 Gold
Level : 27
EXP : 29
HP : 0 / 657
MP : 313 / 9986
Honestly, I would get a restraining order. It sounds like he is stalking/harassing you. And I think that this could turn serious.

Posted on: 2011/9/4 18:56

Visit my cottage. <3

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #3
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5457 Gold
Level : 53
EXP : 9
HP : 520 / 1302
MP : 1809 / 23952
I agree with Ashen, a restraining order seems like a good idea. You've already moved jobs and blocked him on facebook. He obviously isn't getting the idea, and he could get more dangerous soon. It's better to get the police involved soon, rather than later.

Posted on: 2011/9/4 19:00

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #4
Offline   princessbinas
  Enchanters
gold   1215 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 35
HP : 151 / 758
MP : 439 / 8008
touching i places that arent comfy to you is also another resson for that restarining order. maybe you could something like "dont make me call the cops".

Posted on: 2011/9/4 21:34

Totosai was here...

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #5
Offline   theone
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   2417 Gold
Level : 39
EXP : 25
HP : 191 / 956
MP : 780 / 14530
If a restraining order feels like overload, you can solve the FB problem at the very least by making your profile completely private and unsearchable for, say, 2-3 weeks till he gives up

Posted on: 2011/9/4 22:57

Join the W&W and visit my cottage

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #6
Offline   lovinlife
  Amaranthian
gold   744 Gold
Level : 22
EXP : 37
HP : 0 / 534
MP : 198 / 8998
Stalking is a criminal offense.

Apply for a permanent injunction, if this doesn’t stop.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 2:46
Somebody, a short while ago, told me I used too many commas in my writing. I was crushed, to say the least. I have no idea why, exactly, anyone would think that, because I certainly do not believe that I use too many commas. Like, seriously, I don't.

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #7
Offline   SkylerWXG
  Druids
gold   1312 Gold
EXP : 26
HP : 151 / 756
MP : 435 / 10531
Restraining order. Enough said.
That's stalking, by definition.
It may go to worse stuff, and if not, if you ever meet him again, try hitting more vital spots for men, as you may know. It's not my type, or yours maybe, but works.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 5:05

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #8
Offline   IvanaDeRossi
  Amaranthian
gold   1571 Gold
Level : 33
EXP : 39
HP : 161 / 809
MP : 513 / 14409
The consequences of being nice to the weird guy. :/

Posted on: 2011/9/5 6:01

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #9
Offline   slimmmeiske2
  Enchanters
gold   1695 Gold
Level : 30
EXP : 88
HP : 149 / 747
MP : 422 / 8910
I feel with you, Moony. I had the same thing happening to me, except after yelling for the whole classroom he actually stopped. (It scares me still, whenever I see him. )

I agree with everyone, he's gone way too far. That's stalking. You should get the police involved.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 6:06

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #10
Offline   Yuffie
  The Brotherhood
gold   1112 Gold
EXP : 13
HP : 130 / 653
MP : 309 / 7625
Stalking is never a good thing, and that's what this guy is doing. You need to tell the police, and they can help you with your problem. It's a good thing that you didn't give him your phone number, but if he's crazy enough, he could end up looking you up in a phone book and going to your house or whatever. This guy's weird, and you need to make sure that this stops here, because much more dangerous things could come of this.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 7:26

Tacky Productions

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #11
Offline   Sophia
  Amaranthian
gold   8 Gold
Level : 1
EXP : 86
HP : 0 / 21
MP : 3 / 232
I am sorry you had to leave a job you loved because of this. Clearly, this was sexual harassment in the workplace. Was there no one to report this to? Hopefully this guy has no idea where you live or where you now work so he can no longer physically stalk you, though as Yuffie said, if he really wants to, I am sure he can find you. I am not sure what the law can do about cyber stalking though.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 7:39

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #12
Offline   tiniponi
  Dragon Lords
gold   2601 Gold
Level : 42
EXP : 97
HP : 209 / 1049
MP : 997 / 20116
Wow, this guy is really scary.

Such persistent stalking is always a very bad sign, and the fact that he has gotten physical sets off major alarm bells for me. Also, he seems to be escalating in his behavior.

I agree with the others ... getting the police involved right away is a very good idea. I would even suggest you delete your FB account and not make another one for a while. This is one of the reasons I and most of the people I know won't do social networking at all ... it's too easy for people with bad intentions to track a person down.

Do whatever you have to do to make yourself 'invisible' to him. Such serious stalkers too often end up raping/murdering the person they are stalking. It's the old, "If I can't have you, no one will", mentality.

This guy obviously has some serious problems, and you need to do everything in your power to make sure he can never find you.

Please be careful and stay safe.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 9:08

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #13
Offline   shelwyn
  Amaranthian
gold   23 Gold
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 46
MP : 5 / 403

Posted on: 2011/9/5 11:43

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #14
Offline   MoonPrincess
  Druids
gold   4827 Gold
Level : 52
EXP : 3
HP : 510 / 1275
MP : 1707 / 24437
Hey guys...

thanks you all for your response...

Contacting the police and restraining order would be a great thing but I don't have any prove plus as Sophia mentioned I don't think there's a law about net-stalking at least not in this country...even if I go in police with all of those messages they'll never get me serious -_-'

I did made my profile private and told those friends (that he bothered sending messages because he couldn't send me cause I enabled an option when only my friends can message me) to do the same thing yesterday...nobody complained me today so I hope this will keep him away...if this doesn't work then I'll have to disappear like tini suggested..well at least this is a safe cyber place to be...

Tomorrow I'll search for a pepper spray or something similar...to keep it in the purse just in case. Actually I can be pretty nasty when I defend myself so I don't think I'll have a problem getting away...but again with this kind of guy you'll never know what's going to happen.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 16:52
"No matter what others say, you must never lose pride in being a woman. Even when you're standing on the same stage as men, don't change yourself to be like them. As a woman, do the things that men can't." - Kochou(Saiunkoku Monogatari)

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #15
Offline   shelwyn
  Amaranthian
gold   23 Gold
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 46
MP : 5 / 403
Heh you might want to get a practice bottle.
I remember I almost sprayed myself the first time I used one x.x
(derp)

Posted on: 2011/9/5 18:54

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #16
Offline   princessbinas
  Enchanters
gold   1215 Gold
EXP : 35
HP : 151 / 758
MP : 439 / 8008
if you have to threaten him to whip him with something (i usullay threaten my sis about getting whipped with my blanket. trust me it hurts.).

Posted on: 2011/9/5 19:30

Totosai was here...

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #17
Offline   Mopiece
  Dragon Lords
gold   5457 Gold
Level : 53
EXP : 9
HP : 520 / 1302
MP : 1809 / 23952
Princess, it's generally not a good idea to act violent towards a stalker like this. Moony needs only to resort to violence if the guy in question acts violent towards her.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 20:29

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #18
Offline   belinda
  Amaranthian
gold   349 Gold
Level : 17
EXP : 89
HP : 0 / 422
MP : 122 / 7713
You should also report him to facebook admin.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 21:23

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #19
Offline   Ashen_Eclipse
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1047 Gold
EXP : 29
HP : 0 / 657
MP : 313 / 9986
Stay safe, Moony.

I would also recommend, if he contacts you again, to keep record the incident. And, if you still have the messages he sent you, print out those. That way, you will have proof if he keeps harassing you, so you can go to the police.

And, if at any point you truly feel frightened or threatened by him, please go to the police, regardless if you have 'proof' or not. Your safety comes first.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 21:23

Visit my cottage. <3

Re: When people don't get it that NO means actually NO.... #20
Offline   diamondmist
  Amaranthian
gold   882 Gold
Level : 24
EXP : 76
HP : 0 / 594
MP : 250 / 9144
Princess, come on. Proof or not, this guy's harassing you. Report to the facebook admin, go to the police with records and prints... it's a small world, and God knows you need safety. Something like this happened to me, and I went to the police with a record of the boy assaulting me, and he got arrested.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 3:23
And it hurts again

(1) 2 3 »
      Register To Post
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!
RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
ljspence > 08/20 09:28:57[ljspence] yay Edolie is released
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
©2007 Amaranth Games, LLC