Amaranth Games   Games   News   Order   Community   Help   Blog   Goodies   Updates   Guides Developers
Username:    Password:      Register now!
Game Genres
All Games
RPG
Adventure
SIM
Story
Cute
Game Kits
Amaranth Games (games only by us)
Newest Game
Featured Game
Riders of Arylide
Riders of Arylide
Popular Games

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Register To Post

Falling (GoN Spoilers) #1
Offline   Rena
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1412 Gold
Level : 31
EXP : 51
HP : 152 / 762
MP : 444 / 14481
Falling. It’s all I can remember from before Edward and Mel found me.

The first night I had the dream—the flashback, the memory—was that first night I lay in the temple, recovering. When I woke, it was the middle of the night, and I was terrified. I thought I was alone in the darkness, but I could hear breathing. I thought I saw fangs for a moment.

Then I looked closer and saw instead a boy dressed in armor.

He looked sweet, innocent. Like he could handle himself in a battle but would never hurt those who were undeserving of the sting of his blade. He had fallen asleep in a chair by my bed. One of the priestesses later told me he had been there all night.

I leaned back into the pillows. This time, my sleep was uninterrupted by vampires. I slept soundly knowing he was there to protect me.

-----

Mel did not seem to like me much. I cannot be sure why. Perhaps it was simply that our natures are so different—hers hardened by years on the streets, mine new and trusting. Seeing the brighter side of things had so far brought no ill on us—the worst thing that had happened was that we filled Witchwood with spiders.

I got along fairly well with the others, though. I could not immediately trust Te’ijal—she looked so much like the vampires from the dream—but she quickly proved herself to be trustworthy. I rather envied Lydia. Her dresses were lovely—her personality, however, left something to be desired. I was always kind to her in the hopes that she would open up, but she remained cold to all of us, save Edward.

I found myself drawn more and more to Edward. He was so kind, always helping with the battle, never allowing me to heal him until the others were out of danger. Though he was not as strong as Galahad, he was growing at a much faster rate. They were matched for power quickly enough.

-----

The Orb of Light was within our reach. Mel lifted it from its stand triumphantly, then handed it to me to see if I were a descendant of Darkthrop as well. I gazed into the sphere for a moment.

Then my arm moved against my will, releasing the Orb toward the ground. It smashed.

My eyes widened. I gasped. I had no idea what had happened, but Te’ijal explained it to the party. I had fallen under Gyendal’s control. I was his tool—his eyes to the goings-on of our group, his hands with which I had doomed us all.

-----

We spent the night in a cave on our way to Aveyond. While the others slept, I sneaked away. I was determined that Gyendal not stop them using me. I would not cause their deaths, if indeed they could survive Gyendal’s attack now that the Orb of Light was gone.

Besides, I was nothing now. What is a Naylithian without wings? A Guardian with no Orb to guard? A healer who destroys?

I managed to get through the storm to another empty cave. Here I stayed, determined to die.

-----

The cold air around my body warmed. I opened my eyes slowly, hoping what I feared had not come to be.

It had. They were all there, standing around me. I stood, told them they should have left me. I told them again about Gyendal’s using me so that they would truly understand what it meant.

To my horror, the vampire came himself to confirm it. He took Mel with him back to the Underworld.

Again, it was my fault.

-----

Another Orb twinkled in the darkness—the Orb of Life. We had reached it without Mel, but it was useless to anyone if she was not present. Knowing that Gyendal could still control me, I stayed behind so that he would not expect the others to have saved her.

The darkness may have been lonely, but it was safer for everybody for me to stay.

-----

The others came back. I was glad to see that they had all survived, that no one was too badly hurt. Mel held the Orb, which began to glow as the others had. Lydia sent a burst of magic into it—nothing happened.

Gyendal arrived. He spoke of death, of the darkness he was about to unleash. Mel realized that it was my white magic that would activate the Orb. Before I could do anything else, however, Gyendal took away my will.

I was his again, healing him as my friends battled not only for their lives, but the lives of all. It was unbelievably painful to go through. Yet, even as I healed him, they were wearing him down. While I was still present, however, they could not stop him.

And then he was almost dead. He ordered me to heal him—I healed them all. As he shouted, I indicated the Orb to Mel. She grabbed it, understanding what I meant.

I sent a tremendous amount of magic into it—more than my body could take. I was sad to have to leave the world in which I had found friendship and love where before I had none, but I knew that my sacrifice was for the benefit of the world.

I fell easily into the final darkness.

-----

I opened my eyes.

Edward was holding me in his arms, tears visible in his eyes and on his face. A smile formed and grew on both his face and mine as we realized what had happened. The Feather of Eternity had brought me back.

He stood me back up, but I did not let go of his arm. I looked back into his eyes and found myself falling once again.

This time, I did not mind.

-----

Another one-shot. Stella-centric, as I'm sure you realized. I hope it wasn't confusing--I know I skipped over some details, i.e. the proposal, but it's wouldn't be a surprise at the end if you knew he had the Feather.

Posted on: 2009/9/7 22:42

Story time? That's cool.

Re: Falling #2
Offline   TrueShadow
  Amaranthian
gold   245 Gold
Level : 15
EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 356
MP : 88 / 5212
This combined with the other Stella story (Kirroha's, I believe) really makes me feel so sad for Stella...

Posted on: 2009/9/8 9:21

Re: Falling #3
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2963 Gold
Level : 43
EXP : 62
HP : 213 / 1065
MP : 1038 / 20172
Wow! Wonderfully portrayed emotions. Good job!

Posted on: 2009/9/8 9:28

Re: Falling #4
Offline   Elemental
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   2505 Gold
Level : 34
EXP : 84
HP : 169 / 846
MP : 572 / 13518
It's a good story, but may I sugest warning people that is has spoilers regarding Gates of Night?

Posted on: 2009/9/8 18:41

[All images from here.]

Re: Falling #5
Offline   Rena
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1412 Gold
Thanks guys! And, you know, Stella's story isn't exactly the happiest no matter how you spin it. :/

*totally forgot about the spoiler warning but is adding it in now* Thanks for the reminder.

Posted on: 2009/9/8 20:59

Story time? That's cool.

Re: Falling (GoN Spoilers) #6
Offline   Kirroha
  Enchanters
gold   2963 Gold
Level : 43
EXP : 62
HP : 213 / 1065
MP : 1038 / 20172
Her life is actually quite miserable had you gotten another ending... :/ I mean, born to guard the orb, born as a winged Naylithian... then had her wings cut off, the only thing that ever mattered to her, and when the time comes for her to truly guard the orb, destroys it instead. When the time comes for them to destroy Gyendal, she heals him instead. And then she dies. O_o

Posted on: 2009/9/8 22:21

Re: Falling (GoN Spoilers) #7
Offline   Rena
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   1412 Gold
The worst part of all that's gotta be the fact that none of it was her fault. I mean, if she'd decided she just didn't want to guard the Orb anymore, and that she was tired of being all outcast, well then... That would've turned her into this crazy devious child. But the fact that Gyendal's controlling her makes it all just so SAD.

Posted on: 2009/9/8 23:31

Story time? That's cool.

Re: Falling (GoN Spoilers) #8
Offline   latyss
  Amaranthian
gold   657 Gold
Level : 20
EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 481
MP : 159 / 8041
Great story! I enjoyed reading it!

Posted on: 2009/9/10 17:29

Re: Falling (GoN Spoilers) #9
Offline   sana96
  Witches and Warlocks
gold   2645 Gold
Level : 39
EXP : 10
HP : 190 / 952
MP : 772 / 16725
YAY!!! Yet another Amazing Story By Rena! Loved It

Posted on: 2009/9/10 18:52

Re: Falling (GoN Spoilers) #10
Offline   Aura
  Amaranthian
gold   673 Gold
Level : 20
EXP : 58
HP : 0 / 489
MP : 165 / 8154
Awesome! Very well written indeed!

Posted on: 2009/9/10 19:48

Register To Post
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Join our Newsletter!

RSS Feed

Coming Soon!

RPGs
Dragons Among Us
Edolie
Aveyond 4

Sandbox
Pixel Pygmies

Kingdom Chat
Sargon > 07/29 01:51:58[Sargon] Maybe she don't want to talk to me anymore XD
Aveyond Wiki
Click to Visit!
made by fans, for fans
Kingdom Map

(Laws)

(Forums)

(News)

(Art Gallery)

(Cottages)

(Guilds)

(Experiments)

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing My Forum Entries)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...
About Us |  Sell Our Games |  Add Your Game to Our Site
©2007 Amaranth Games, LLC